Forums Latest Members
  1. Noobie May 12, 2017

Found my dads old watch, and i would like to know if its legitimate. what year is it from? How much would it cost to get it fixed and cleaned? Thank you

IMG_1760.JPG image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Gordon Heavyfoot May 12, 2017

I don't follow these too much but it's an interesting watch. Must be early 70's, being that it's electronic. Have a watchmaker open the back so you can get pics of the movement and case reference number on the inside caseback. If you do it yourself be very careful, it appears to me that it may be solid gold so will scratch very easily. Look for hallmarks on the bracelet clasp.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. Noobie May 12, 2017

Found this on the strap. How much do you think would it cost to get it fixed? A rough estimate would be fine. Thank you

image.jpg
  4. Gordon Heavyfoot May 12, 2017

That's a hallmark indicating 18k gold, or .750 in decimal form, so it is solid gold. There are several experts on here who specialize in electronic watches and should be along eventually to advise you on getting it fixed. I know that with these watches many times it's a matter of finding a donor movement rather than getting it fixed but I don't know enough to comment. Be patient, someone will be along. Calling @Tom Dick

5. Noobie May 12, 2017

Thank you for your help. As for now i'll be wearing a broken watch.