1950´s omega automatic help.

Posts
379
Likes
328
hi.
i am been offered the oppertunity to buy this early omega automatic.
the seller do not have a lot of info on the watch but i guess its a ref. 2638 but definitely not sure.
the pictures are not top quality but i think the dial looks all original, second opinions much appreciated.
box and the strap follows a long, i do not think the box is the correct one since there is written constellation on the inside.
hands looks original to me.

the price is 1350 euro.

let me know what you think
 
Posts
24,800
Likes
55,082
I would like to see sharper photos of the printing, although given the silly asking price it might be a waste of time to pursue it at all. BTW the bracelet is wrong for the watch as well, but it does have some value.
 
Posts
379
Likes
328
Thanks a lot for the answers, how much do you think a reasoneable price would be?
he might be open for some negotiation
 
Posts
13,521
Likes
23,458
At that asking price I wouldn’t call it an opportunity
 
Posts
9,244
Likes
76,994
Thanks a lot for the answers, how much do you think a reasoneable price would be?
he might be open for some negotiation

Hi Jeppe,
Both the posts from @SkunkPrince and @Dan S seem clear. It’s certainly overpriced and very probably a redial.
If I were you, and I appreciate that I’m not you, I’d forget about it.
 
Posts
8,818
Likes
62,460
$100 bracelet, $100 case&movement(if it is there and in good shape).