1950’s seamaster bumper with a Tiffany stamp

A friend of mine is offering to sell me this. He swears it is all original, so I thought I’d see what everyone here thinks.
I have found examples like it, that match the dial details from the 1950’s….except I can only find one other example of a 1950’s bumper model with a Tiffany stamp. I have found examples from as early as the 1940’s with Tiffany stamps, and Omega pocket watches with Tiffany stamps. So, there were definitely Omega watches in the 50’s with Tiffany stamps. but I don’t know, something about this feels too good to be true.

What do you guys think? Is this a re-dial?

Incredibly bad repainted dial. Wrong hands. Reconsider the friendship.

Like 4
Friends don't sell friends redials. :eek:

And it's not just the dial that makes this one a pile of shit.

Like 3
Incredibly bad repainted dial. Wrong hands. Reconsider the friendship.

Omega made Seamaster De Villes with those hands in the 1950’s. With the insane amount of variations they made, it’s not too crazy to think they made a few bumpers with these hands as well.

Friends don't sell friends redials. :eek:

And it's not just the dial that makes this one a pile of shit.

Care to elaborate??

Omega made Seamaster De Villes with those hands in the 1950’s.

The Seamaster De Ville you’re thinking of is from the mid-60s

Like 1
Omega made Seamaster De Villes with those hands in the 1950’s. With the insane amount of variations they made, it’s not too crazy to think they made a few bumpers with these hands as well.

Ummm, no.

Care to elaborate??

Laughably bad redial, wrong hands, case polished to death and we haven't even seen inside the watch. Your money though.

Like 1

Typically, yes, but they did make a few in 1959 with those hands.
If you do the research you’ll see for yourself, but you got a dig through hundreds of images of these things on everything from watch sites to Google image to find examples.

That’s the thing: Omega made so many different variations, of so many different watches, for so many years, that there are examples out there that are all original that look like ‘one offs.’

Take Elvis’ 1961 Omega with a Tiffany stamp. It’s the only one like it. But, it was not made custom for Elvis. It was for sale in the Tiffany boutique, purchased as a gift for him.

There are currently examples of different Seamasters and Constellations made in the 50s and 60s on Chrono24 that are unlike any example you can find—but they are authentic and all original.

I don’t know enough about redialing, I’m really curious if this is actually real, an order from Tiffany for a few in stock in their store—which Tiffany & Co did do—order only a few of a special order.

Is it completely impossible that this is authentic? It doesn’t seem to be, but I can see a lot is suspect. How do you know when things are wrong, vs when you’re looking at an extremely rare piece?

You do realize the watch you posted here will now show on Google.
You need more data than simply "it's on Google somewhere".

Like 1
Is it completely impossible that this is authentic?
It’s a bad redial as others have said and I’m not sure why you’re challenging it. The applied markers don’t even line up with the painted minute markers. You think that is authentic?
IMG_4998.jpeg

Like 2
........................ He swears it is all original,......................

He is wrong.

.......................... Is this a re-dial?

Yes.

It’s a bad redial as others have said and I’m not sure why you’re challenging it. The applied markers don’t even line up with the painted minute markers. You think that is authentic?
IMG_4998.jpeg

Im not challenging anyone, I’m asking for info because I’m a newbie. Im just asking for elaborations, so I know what to look for, such as what you pointed out. I didn’t catch that, and that makes perfect sense.
Cheers

The Seamaster DeVille was introduced in 1960. No genuine examples from the 50’s.

Like 1
Is it completely impossible that this is authentic?

Yes.
Bumpers didn't come with those hands, they're from the 50s.
Devilles are from the 60s.
Its a redial, you can print anything on a redial.
I'd find new friends..

Like 2
There is lume on the dial but not on the hands, another definite red flag.

you got a dig through hundreds of images of these things
You probably don't know this, but some of the people answering you have looked very carefully at multiple thousands of images of Omega watches. If you read through their posts on the forums here, you'll realize that you can trust their judgement. I'm not one of those guys, but after a couple of years I've seen enough myself that this one immediately jumps out as a redial with incorrect hands.

Like 6
You know what I really hate? New members that come here for advice and then argue with knowledgeable members who are going out of their way to help you by educating you and trying to save you from making a bad purchase.

my advice. Stop asking questions nd buy the watch your an obvious expert on and the rest of us can stop wasting out time on you

Like 4
You know what I really hate? New members that come here for advice and then argue with knowledgeable members who are going out of their way to help you by educating you and trying to save you from making a bad purchase.

my advice. Stop asking questions nd buy the watch your an obvious expert on and the rest of us can stop wasting out time on you

Agreed with DON here. If you even need to ask if this is a fake/redial - you truly know nothing about Vintage Omegas (nothing is wrong with that... we all started somewhere). But, you need to be appreciative of these people giving their opinions/expertise.

There are examples out there that truly need an expert's eye and need to look at crazy levels of detail to determine originality, if they have been relumed,etc. - but this model is a 10/10 horrible fake/redial that needs no further discussion.
Edited:

Like 2
In case we need any more opinions, that is an incredibly obvious repainted dial, and the hands are mismatched. With some time and experience, you will immediately recognize poorly repainted watches like this.