Forums Latest Members
  1. Thunwa.T May 6, 2024

Dear to all OF members,

I found this omega seamaster bumper automatic movement (ref.2576, cal.344) from eBay. In my opinion, this watch provided a good condition of the movement. The hands and lugs look fine to me.

However, I have some confusion on the dial.

According to my research,
    (First) The vintage bumper automatic with Seamaster labeled, the shape of the letter "S" normally more smoothly curved, and the tail of the letter "r" should be long.
    (Second) The hour makers came only with the number "12" which I normally found the dial came with "3", "6", "9".

What do you guys think about this watch?

The photos are from the seller.

I do really appreciate every kind of help.

TW.

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l960 (2).jpg s-l960 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l960.jpg
  2. MtV May 6, 2024

Even ignoring the dial for a second - 12-only and the “coat hanger” S are known versions - have you seen that the case is completely shot? The gold-cap has been polished away completely and there are gaping holes, on the bezel around 6 o clock and on the lugs. That alone would make me want to stay away from it…

iamvr, DaveK, Mark020 and 4 others like this.
  3. Spruce Sunburst dial fan May 6, 2024

This is my 1954 bumper. I’m no expert but the 'S', and the tail of the 'r' look similar to mine.

upload_2024-5-6_11-45-51.jpeg

noelekal and Thunwa.T like this.
  4. DON May 6, 2024

Case condition is terrible and dial appears to be an old refinish.

minute marker can just be seen at the 5:00 index and not really centered. Also. Luminous in indexes looks newer than hands

good for movement parts only

Thunwa.T likes this.
  5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado May 6, 2024

Dial looks original, however as others have noted the case is worn/damaged, so unless this is very inexpensive it's not worth buying.

Thunwa.T and Zapatta like this.
  6. Thunwa.T May 7, 2024

I just saw it, thank you.

7. Thunwa.T May 7, 2024

The seller set the price about $500. In your opinion, How much is the proper price for this watch?

8. speedb May 7, 2024

closer to half the advertised price - the case really is in poor condition.

Thunwa.T likes this.
  9. MtV May 7, 2024

Yup - half is about the value of the parts (movement and hands, mostly). I doubt you’re gonna get him to go there, and even if you do - you’ll have a watch in poor shape. The happiness of not having paid much for it will vanish quickly, the disappointment about its condition won’t.

Move on. 2576s were produced in vast numbers. You’ll find a better example with just a bit of patience.

iamvr, DaveK and Thunwa.T like this.
  10. Dan S May 7, 2024

Unless you need the watch for parts, you should not even consider buying it. The case is ruined.

Thunwa.T likes this.
  11. gbesq May 7, 2024

OP, you’re getting very good advice here. Unless you’re buying the watch for parts (and certainly not for the case!), move on. As a wearable vintage watch, it’s no bargain at any price.

Thunwa.T likes this.