1946 Omega Tachymeter - Please help identify parts!

I recently came into this awesome watch! I believe I have identified it as a 1946 Omega Chrono Tachymeter CK2279 Cal 27. I was told that both the crown and the watchband are aftermarket (replaced likely in the 1980s). I'm looking to replace them with original 1940s parts to match what it would have had originally. This is proving to be very difficult! I can find almost zero information on this watch's parts. When I look at photos of other watches of this same model, almost all of them have various different parts on them so it's really hard to identify what it would have originally come with. Any info on what I can get to replace the crown? In regards to the watchband, I was told an original leather band is likely non-existent and even if it did exist, it would be in such poor condition it would probably disintegrate from use. So (unless anyone know how to get an original band for this) I plan to just get a new band and put an original buckle on it. Any recommendations on what band I could get that would look like and be of similar style to what it would have been originally sold with? Any sources where I could get an original buckle? Really looking for any information I can get, thank you!

omega1.jpg omega2.jpg omega3.jpg omega4.jpg

Welcome

1. Set a e*bay alert, well, OK, set several alerts
2. Brew up some coffee
3. Be patient
4. Celebrate a few birthdays all bleary eyed from lack of sleep.

If you are lucky, you may blunder into a network of Omega Enthusiests.......oh, my.....you're already here! who may have a stash and be willing to sell one.

Mine has an original crown and appears to be the non-lumed version of your example.
Edited:

Like 1
`Hi there,

Nice watch and I'd say indeed it is a 2279. I don't recall seeing this exact combination of lumed dial and hands before.

Good advice from @TexOmega regarding parts and for really high quality custom made 1940s style straps I can highly recommended Torres Straps from Italy, the go-to maker for many collectors looking for period correct design and fine materials.

Like 2
Welcome

1. Set a e*bay alert, well, OK, set several alerts
2. Brew up some coffee
3. Be patient
4. Celebrate a few birthdays all bleary eyed from lack of sleep.

If you are lucky, you may blunder into a network of Omega Enthusiests.......oh, my.....you're already here! who may have a stash and be willing to sell one.

Mine has an original crown and appears to be the non-lumed version of your example.
What ebay alerts should I set for? And any chance you could provide dimensions for your crown? Nice watch looks very similar!

`Hi there,

Nice watch and I'd say indeed it is a 2279. I don't recall seeing this exact combination of lumed dial and hands before.

Good advice from @TexOmega regarding parts and for really high quality custom made 1940s style straps I can highly recommended Torres Straps from Italy, the go-to maker for many collectors looking for period correct design and fine materials.
Do you have any recommendation on what color/material the strap should be?

And the hands are lumed but I dont think the dial is? I do see small squares on the inside of the second marker before the triangles, but they dont glow. maybe they once used to? the hands still glow though

What ebay alerts should I set for? And any chance you could provide dimensions for your crown? Nice watch looks very similar!

Alerts........spell everything perfectly, then any number of misspellings possible for Omega Chronograph 2279....ref.2279....reference 22 79......ref #2279....Omega Watch with Buttons......Crown for Unknown watch.......

Get creative and find as many 4-leaf clovers possible in your neck of the world, but then just see it FIRST!!! Billions looking for such an items......hence, my "bleary eyes" comment.

I'll get some deminsions up, unless another member gets to it first.

Do you have any recommendation on what color/material the strap should be?

And the hands are lumed but I dont think the dial is? I do see small squares on the inside of the second marker before the triangles, but they dont glow. maybe they once used to? the hands still glow though
The lume in the hands has probably been replaced, but there is definitely old lume on the dial.

The lume in the hands has probably been replaced, but there is definitely old lume on the dial.
Interesting! Thanks for all the advice. Do you think that means the hands were replaced or just the lume in the hands? Would it help or hurt the value of the watch to replace the lume in the dial?

Interesting! Thanks for all the advice. Do you think that means the hands were replaced or just the lume in the hands? Would it help or hurt the value of the watch to replace the lume in the dial?
I haven't researched this model, but I have no reason to think that the hands have been replaced. The lume often cracks and/or falls out and is replaced in the original hands. Personally, I wouldn't do anything to the dial. It looks very honest and original.

Ok 6mm diameter and 2mm height, thank you!
can you also include a picture of the face of the crown? Some have the omega logo and some don’t

BTW - did you pick the watch strap replacement yourself? Is it similar to what the original looked like? Do you have an original buckle on it? If so can I see what the buckle looks like?

To see the style of strap, it can be helpful to use google images to search for 1940s Omega advertising. It will generally be a flat leather (calf or pigskin) strap with contrast stitching. Tan would be pretty common. But honestly, I think you should choose what makes you happy, and personally I wouldn't worry too much about a buckle. 99% of them are fake, and a correct buckle might be narrower than you prefer. Straps were often very tapered in the 40s.

no logo, mirrored

Kinda Bund-style but sold by JB Champion in the 1950-1960's era as Western(Cowboy) style

Of the era buckle.

Like 1
There is a large thread on original buckles and how to spot all the FAKES