1940s Tissot with glossy gray radium dial-400€

Here on offer is a Tissot handwound watch from the 1940s or early 1950s.

Several features speak to its quality:

-its distinctive and beautiful glossy gray dial with original lume which has turned to a soft caramel color;

-33 mm screwback steel case excluding crown with a 18mm lug width,

- a shock protected “antimagnetic” 15 jewels handwound movement.

I am seeking 400 euros net to me (reduced from 550).

The dial looks even better in real life; of all my watches this is by far the one most liked one Instagram.

**The minute hand has lost some radium.

**The handwound caliber has not been timed and its service history is unknown. It has kept empirically excellent time on my wrist on the very few occasions I wore it, however as customary I am selling it without any guarantee for the future. A service is recommended for regular use.

There are some imperfections on the case, which the pictures emphasize and which are less visible in real life:

- some superficial scratches especially on the top part of the bezel, and the edge of the top left lug looks to have been a bit banged; a trusted watchmaker told me these flaws could be easily removed without damage to the case.

-a slight nylon strap mark on the back which in my opinion doesn’t detract from the beauty of the watch. Pictures as usual emphasize flaws.

As a bonus the watch will come with a new and unworn grey grained calfskin strap purchased from Italy (it’s not the one pictured here, I’ll update later with the strap in question).

The watch and I are in Paris, EU deals are preferred.

Shipment costs to be added for shipment via international registered mail, with tracking and signature, usually 15 euros within Europe, 25 euros outside subject to confirmation based on where you are.

-Payment via Paypal “trusted person / friends or family”,

-with known members I’m happy to do Transferwise or regular Paypal +4%,

-Returns accepted after 7 days within EU only if the watch is significantly not as described and returned in the condition received.

Regular OF contributors may be given preference.
Edited:

Many thanks dear gentlemen,
And here’s the strap which will come with the watch for the buyer.

-its distinctive and beautiful glossy gray dial with original lume which has turned to a soft caramel color;

Lord have mercy that is one seriously gorgeous watch! Someone's gonna get lucky!

A stellar grey dial, elegant waterproof case, and perfectly matched strap.

GLWTS!!

A stellar grey dial, elegant waterproof case, and perfectly matched strap.

GLWTS!!
Beautiful @Syrte

Thank you all dear gentlemen, just for a point of reference two other Tissot watches from the same era and beautiful dials recently sold for 400 euros- including one of mine which was serviced, but they were much smaller at 31mm.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/1945-tissot-with-perfect-glossy-gilt-dial.120588/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/rare-art-deco-black-gold-dial-tissot-400-euros.119464/

Strange times that such a lovely watch is still available and no this is not intended as a bump simply stating a fact.

As someone who loves listening to my digital Geiger Counter sing, that watch looks like a LOT of fun! It's a beauty for sure, GLWS :-)

Why is this still available is beyond me... Very attractive dial, and mainly clean for its age, paired with a custom made strap (size and colour scheme) included in the price.

GLWS!

Why is this still available is beyond me... Very attractive dial, and mainly clean for its age, paired with a custom made strap (size and colour scheme) included in the price.

GLWS!
Thank you, at least I get to enjoy it a bit longer :p
Actually this specific strap was not custom made but it’s still a bonus.

Thank you, at least I get to enjoy it a bit longer :p
Actually this specific strap was not custom made but it’s still a bonus.
Sorry I meant colour matched... Not just a random strap! Clearly fashionable :-))

Bump, and thanks everyone for the good wishes:thumbsup: