18k Seamaster 321 - correct handset silver-dial? 145.006-66

Posts
2
Likes
1
Hi all,

I’m looking at an 18ct yellow-gold Omega Seamaster Chronograph 145.006-66 with a silver soleil dial and calibre 321, and I’m trying to pin down one specific originality point: the handset.

  • Is black central chrono + gold subdial hands factory-correct on a silver-dial 18k 145.006-66?

  • Were there multiple handset configurations on the silver-dial -66?

  • Does anyone have a known-original example or period reference showing this exact setup?

  • Do these hands look original/period-correct, rather than later replacements?

Cheers,

Paul

 
Posts
6,840
Likes
10,655
What research did you do yourself? Half an hour of googling will show you a dozen examples....
 
Posts
2
Likes
1
What research did you do yourself? Half an hour of googling will show you a dozen examples....

What research did you do yourself? Half an hour of googling will show you a dozen examples....
Fair enough, Mark.

I’m very new to vintage and this would be my first serious purchase, so I’m probably being more cautious than someone who’s handled dozens of these.

I’ve done what I thought was quite a lot of digging, which is why I’m asking here. I’ve found documented 18k silver-dial 145.006-66 examples with the gold central chrono hand / black subdial hands, and I’ve come across one other -66 that appears to have the black central chrono / gold subdial-hand setup of the watch I’m considering.

What I haven’t been able to establish confidently is whether that latter configuration is a known factory variation on the silver-dial -66, rather than simply something that has changed during the life of the watch.

That’s the specific detail I’m trying to verify. If you’ve seen a dozen examples, I’d genuinely appreciate seeing a few of them.