Forums Latest Members
  1. lyle Apr 4, 2022

Hi All-
    I was hoping to modify the bracelet on my Speedy 311.30.423.001.005 to add the adjustable clasp.
    Did some searching through the forum and it looks like I have two options:
    117STZ001154 for 6 position
    117STZ004666 for 3 position
    I'm wondering if the 3 position one will be sufficient and if it's lighter than the 6 position one.
    Don't want to add too much weight onto the already heavy bracelet.
    Also wondering if they both use the same endlinks (118ST1589).
    Thx,
    -Lyle

2. Lex_Lugga Apr 4, 2022

Can chime in here on one of your questions since I have the 3 adjust option. For me it was sufficient. It got as tight as I would ever need the bracelet and as loose as I would ever need it.

3. Burrogs Apr 4, 2022

I also went for the 3 position option as it is the same size as the regular speedy clasp and gave me enough adjustment. I used the 118ST1589 end links.

4. SkunkPrince Apr 4, 2022

I have the six on my 2254.50 and three might have been enough. But I'm in Wisconsin and summer and winter can be quite different, so I'm reasonably glad I have it.

Pun likes this.
  5. rudagger Apr 4, 2022

Hi Lyle,

I had the same question, but went with the 6 position clasp for 2 reasons. I once read a post of a guy who went with the 3 and still couldn't find the right fit. And second, the omega service centre (Toronto) recommended the 6.

My question to answer your question would be: What is the length of a link, and what is the range of the 3 position clasp? If the 3 position clasp is 80-90% of the length, that's enough. But I would guess it may be 60%. (Looking at my 6 position clasp, it seems to be about 100%). If someone here has calipers and can measure the 3 position clasp range, I think that would answer your question.

6. lyle Apr 5, 2022

Great thanks for the info! I don't need a huge adjustment so I think the 3 position one would be sufficient.
    I think I can just order from Omega then have a local jeweler here install it for me.

7. josiahg52 Apr 5, 2022

I have a 2254.50 incoming and am really considering adding the 6-position clasp to it. I'd like to do the same for my 2298.80 and I've found the proper titanium clasp and screws but not the titanium "conversion" links. I've exhausted every lead, consulted multiple experts and it seems like they're just not made for titanium Bond bracelet.

8. lyle Apr 7, 2022

Just called Omega and wow this is a pricey change!
    $261 for the 3-position clasp and $53 each for the end links = ~$400 after tax and shipping.
    Gulp.

9. Evitzee Apr 7, 2022

The difference between men and boys are the price of their toys. A deployant buckle costs $250, and this conversion has a few more moving parts, so probably not too terribly out of line.

10. Burrogs Apr 8, 2022

I was in my local OB the other day and checked out the new '57, really nice, but anyway it has a flatlink bracelet WITH an adjustable clasp. Not much adjustment, IIRC just 1 notch, but may be a few $100 more and get a bracelet upgrade too. I think it has a half link as well so should be able to get a better fit to begin with over the normal 1861 bracelet. Just a thought.

11. rudagger Apr 16, 2022

Hi Lyle,

Thinking about this a little more, I compared my 6 position clasp to the original clasp. The spacing between the 2 micro-adjustment holes on the original bracelet = 2.5 adjustments on the 6 position bracelet.

So IF the 3 position clasp uses the same adjustment "pitch" (length) as the 6 position clasp,then the 3 position claps would give only a touch more fine tuning for the perfect fit. (I.e., the range on the 3 position clasp would only be a touch fraction more than the original clasp. That would not be enough IMO.

Maybe someone with the 3 position clasp can compare the adjustment range versus the original clasp.

12. rudagger Apr 16, 2022

I think I found the link that encouraged me to get the 6 position clasp vs the 3 position clasp.

https://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66649

"I currently have the smaller version - 117STZ004666 - that has only three positions as opposed to six for the 117STZ001154, sitting around. I bought it for the Speedy, but the lack of half links on the Speedy bracelet meant for me, it never fit right when closed on a cold wrist so that I could not expand it when things got warmer."

13. keisuke_z Apr 17, 2022

I just recently compiled a bunch of info on adjustable clasps into a single post over on WUS in case it’s helpful!

A key consideration is that you’ll want the size of your bracelet with the clasp installed to be at the “just right” size for your wrist. Ie - the clasp looks like it’s designed to appear most “oem” in its closed position, as once you extend it the top of the sliding piece is visible and does not blend in with the bracelet links or clasp. I feel like it was designed to be extended as a temporary accommodation for a swelling wrist. So the tricky part when sizing is ensuring that you can wear it at the closed position most of the time, and ensuring that you have enough positions to accommodate how much your wrist can swell. 3-positions is potentially enough - but say if I’m on a 5+ hour flight, my wrist will (surprisingly) swell beyond the 6-positions… so it depends on how much fluctuation you expect to have.

I would say that having the 6-positions is the sweet spot and more versatile as it doesn’t increase weight/bulk as much as the 1159 clasp, which includes the diver extension.

14. keisuke_z Apr 17, 2022

i also looked into this but sadly, you are correct. There are no titanium Bond bracelet clasp links. I went so far as to consider the clasp links from the Titanium Tantalum SMP diver 300m but realized that because the bracelet endlinks are female, the clasp links are incompatible due to the reversed pattern. Those clasp links were also $600cad each lol.

15. rudagger Apr 17, 2022

Since the bracelet has no half links, how can you install the clasp so that it fits correctly when "closed". To me, it is just luck where it will git well for a person.

For me, since there are no half links, the point of the adjustable clasp wasn't to have adjustment in hot weather, but simply to get the right size. If there were half links available, or a clasp with more holes, I would have gone down that path.

16. keisuke_z Apr 17, 2022

Ah I see - my mistake, I was thinking about the 1610 pin+tube Speedy bracelet and not the newer screw+pin one!

I guess a hack-y option would be to get the PO half link (115st1589) and give the edges of the center link polished lines so that it visually blends in more. I’ve done this to my Bond bracelet half links to match the thin polished links and it works pretty decently.

17. rudagger Apr 17, 2022

If that half link fits, I think that would be a good solution. The only option I knew of was the (expensive) adjustable clasp and end links. So that is the route I went.

keisuke_z likes this.
  18. keisuke_z Apr 17, 2022

it should fit! Given that for this mod, the clasp links are identical between the Planet Ocean and the Speedy, so I would infer that the centre link is identical in width, and both taper to 18mm at the clasp as well. If I end up getting a speedy in the next couple months I’ll definitely give it a try.

19. josiahg52 Apr 17, 2022

https://omegaforums.net/threads/hel...-clasp-for-bond-bracelet.144510/#post-1970490

Now, I'm not so sure extra links are required.

20. rudagger Apr 17, 2022

If so, please post again afterwards. If it works, I may try it myself in order to lighten the bracelet (which was one of Lyle's concerns about the adjustable clasp).

keisuke_z likes this.