165.024 Seamaster

I try to give my interpretation of the problem.
I had a similar issue in another sm300 bezel:
Basically the black paint which is below the acrylic disc for some reason (probably moisture?) tends to leak from the bezel. When I tried to wipe it from outside the result was more leakages, leading to partial discoloration of the disk itself.

Very interesting! I have a bezel that has several spots where the black paint has completely “vanished”, turning portions of the insert translucent and allowing the metal of the bezel to be seen through the insert itself. I wonder if it had a similar issue to what you describe sometime in its life.

Edit to add: if indeed your description is the problem here, I wonder if the black gunk/paint around the edges can be cleanly removed, and then replaced (resealed) with a clear resin. OP might send these photos to a bezel restorer to see what can be done to rectify/remediate.
Edited:

thank you @flqt-9000 and @southtexas - At this point I am not even sure whether it's worth the whole ordeal or if it's even worth getting the watch head at this point. When I expected the watch yesterday, the bezel doesn't seem to be "Wet". The colors also seem to be ok (not particular discoloration?). Kind of conflicted really - the watch seems "mostly" fine, the patina is quite beautiful and even, the bugging issue is the bezel arcylic (which to naked eye doesn't really affect the aesthetics) which may/may not be stabilized, the rotating click can be fixed (but at a cost), and the back lug marking. What do you guys think?

OK, so you are intedning to buy it, not it your posession...removing the bezel is not an option now, but gives you leverage to push on the price....
I don`t see the bezel as an issue, it doesn`t look bent form the side picture, gunk can be removed, case markings can be easily polished out if you want to.. no hard dings, caseback inscription very crisp for HD case... for me, there is no real show stopper for the right price...original crown as all parts including the rotor, clean movement... probably only the crystal was lately exchanged, as no-flat-top design...
Important is what you want and what you want to pay for... so individual...

OK, so you are intedning to buy it, not it your posession...removing the bezel is not an option now, but gives you leverage to push on the price....
I don`t see the bezel as an issue, it doesn`t look bent form the side picture, gunk can be removed, case markings can be easily polished out if you want to.. no hard dings, caseback inscription very crisp for HD case... for me, there is no real show stopper for the right price...original crown as all parts including the rotor, clean movement... probably only the crystal was lately exchanged, as no-flat-top design...

Thanks for the great advice Knudsen … problem is what is the right price ? lol.

Welcome....great example.....and if you get it, you can join our "NO DOT" Seamaster 300 Club.

Mine was produced in Jan 1967 and with your serial # it may be a Nov/December '66 Baby.

Is there a thread for this club? If so, I'd love to apply for membership!

IMG_2301.jpg

Is there a thread for this club? If so, I'd love to apply for membership!

IMG_2301.jpg

Well, the first rule of NO DOT CLUB is to stay mum about said Club. If we deem you worthy through your hundreds of positive, informative posts here at OF, you will be approached, stealthily. You will know by the stench we have been there, undoubtably. Look in the empty Scotch bottle for your invitation.

One thing is for certain, having just an orphaned case back doesn’t bode well. A severe blow to your admission and rightly so.

We NO DOTERS must stay in the shadows and keep the interlopers OUT…we are a serious bunch!! Well, at least onTuesdays.

With Great Responsibility, Comes Great Wine. And good parking spaces.

Hi @Knudsen1971 i have sent you a pm on the parts. Thanks!