Forums Latest Members

Omega Stories: Omega’s Best Value Used Chronograph - De Ville Prestige Cal 861

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 29, 2022

[​IMG]

The DeVille Prestige Chronograph is hands down, the absolute best value Omega chronograph you can buy on the secondary market. At $1400 or less, you're almost purchasing a Calibre 861 movement and getting a free watch and bracelet that happens to look and feel great for free. It can be maintained easily by an independent watchmaker for a reasonable price, the movement it shares with the Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch will have a supply of parts until the end of time. [..]

Visit Omega’s Best Value Used Chronograph - De Ville Prestige Cal 861 to read the full article.

Walrus, crd, Syzygy and 6 others like this.
  2. gbesq Sep 29, 2022

Completely agree. And it's a great looking watch. Thanks for reminding me - and the rest of us - of this so that we can run out and add yet another Omega to our collections. ::facepalm1::

pdxleaf and dsio like this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 29, 2022

Hey at least it’s a cheap one! One day I’d like to grab one for myself too, I’ve purchased several as an intermediary for other people in the past and always loves them, particularly how supple and nice the bracelet is for the money but always has to pass them on to the eventual end user.

I think if a white dial came along with the subdial rings that might be what pushed me over the edge.

4. RevZMan123 Sep 29, 2022

These watches are all cheap, until you post about how cool they are, then the market breaks! Pretty nice watch up there.

mahomes likes this.
  5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Sep 29, 2022

Get thee behind me Satan :)

gbesq likes this.
  6. mahomes Sep 29, 2022

Have to agree on that. Often found banged up vintage de ville/ seamaster chronographs for way more, which in my head doesn’t make any sense when you can buy this one for way less…

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 29, 2022

Yea completely agree, like this for example is listed at $4295, you can buy 3 De Ville Prestige Chronos for that and this is gold plated with wear-through that looks terrible and frankly is a case design that looks pretty mediocre. For that same money you could even get an 18K solid gold prestige 861 on strap which is a vastly better watch.

There are a lot of vintage chronos that are honestly a bit crap and priced high just because they’re old rather than because they’re in any way good to own or wear.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175216589471Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

D1C4563E-C59D-408D-BDF7-E194AB3E3FB6.jpeg

mahomes likes this.
  8. mahomes Sep 29, 2022

Haha let’s hope it won’t

9. mahomes Sep 29, 2022

That’s a nice example right there.
    Also the reason why I started looking at these models instead of the older ones. The value is completely gone there