Forums Latest Members
  1. samdjr74 May 10, 2020

Hello everyone,

How exactly does one remove the 1503 bracelet off of a Seamaster? I think I understand the process but just can't get it to work. I assume you need to retract both ends of the spring bar to pull the end link out of the head. However is there a certain tool need like pliers with the spring bar forks at the end or is there a home brewed method that works?

Thank you,
    Sam

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 10, 2020

You just need a regular spring bar tool - no fancy plier style removers needed. You just pull one end of the spring bar out of the lug hole, put tension on the bracelet to keep it from popping back into the hole, and while doing that remove the other end of the spring bar. Repeat for the other lug, and you are done.

speedytoronto and samdjr74 like this.
  3. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! May 10, 2020

If this is your first time trying it then you have my sympathies.
    Just wait until you want to refit the bracelet, you will think removing it was easy.

samdjr74 likes this.
  4. speedytoronto May 10, 2020

Installing is just the reverse of removal. It’s easy, I do it all the time on my Speedmaster. If you’re worried about scratching your lugs tape them up. When I install my bracelet I use tape (just in case..) but don’t bother when I’m switching leather straps. Use a quality spring bar tool like the Bergeon 6767-F.

samdjr74 likes this.