14kt 1952 cal 410 Redial?

Posts
3
Likes
0
First post after lurking for a while.

Purchased a 1952 cal. 410 Omega in 14kt solid gold with a case reference of BX6520.

I’ve spent the last 24 hours obsessively researching Google for advice on the authenticity of this dial.

 
Posts
24,795
Likes
55,073
Yes, refinished dial in a US case. The printing is very poor, sloppy and misaligned. In addition to the font error, look at the hashmarks on the sub-dial, the misregistration of the painted and applied markers, etc.
 
Posts
13,513
Likes
23,449
Certainly refinished. Look at the quality of the font/print on the word ‘Omega’
 
Posts
18,728
Likes
38,877
Redial, missing a case screw and in severe need of a nice leather strap to replace that awful bracelet.
Just wear it and enjoy it.
 
Posts
3
Likes
0
Damn. I had a feeling.

Now I have to decide whether to return or keep. I paid $900 for it.

That or try to hunt down an unfinished dial.
 
Posts
18,728
Likes
38,877
Damn. I had a feeling.

Now I have to decide whether to return or keep. I paid $900 for it.

That or try to hunt down an unfinished dial.
I know which solution would be easier.
 
Posts
2,328
Likes
1,452
Bezel looks badly gouged also.

return
 
Posts
1,610
Likes
6,044
Damn. I had a feeling.

Now I have to decide whether to return or keep. I paid $900 for it.

That or try to hunt down an unfinished dial.

Return it if you can.
 
Posts
889
Likes
1,225
Sometimes font colouring can fade on the dial so it can be harder to assess, but the finish quality is a good indicator. The marks below are really patchy - some go beyond the sub-second area, some are well within it - and it looks odd. Some are thicker than others etc. Same for the hour marks.