Forums Latest Members
  1. mr_keen Jan 4, 2022

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Om...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

With service history unknown, should I be looking for a better buy with this money? Maybe could haggle this down a bit but who knows.

I think everything is original but I’m not good enough at evaluating the overall condition or how beaten up (or not) the case is and how the value is on this specific reference. Please let me know if you have any thoughts.

thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Jan 4, 2022
  2. SkunkPrince Jan 4, 2022

Even if it does have service history, it doesn't matter, because your own watchmaker will be checking it out anyways.

It all looks very nice and with the right watchmaker, the case can be refinished nearly new. If you are planning on keeping it forever, the price isn't bad.

If you really want it, you wouldn't be cutting your throat if you bought it.

mr_keen likes this.
  3. Dan S Jan 4, 2022

MtV and mr_keen like this.
  4. SkunkPrince Jan 4, 2022

HAH! Good find! I don't usually look at the sales ads. Might want to buy something!

But, eBay, list it for a lot of bucks, hope for the best.

5. mr_keen Jan 4, 2022

thank you for the advice. It’s not that I’m worried about cutting my throat, but more just that if I’m gonna pay for this and then service costs and spending more than I should be, could I instead wait and buy something like a 168.024 with similar money which I would prefer.

Dan S likes this.
  6. mr_keen Jan 4, 2022

Dan S likes this.
  7. DON Jan 4, 2022

Overpriced Ebay price and as Dan mentioned. Bought and being resold. Scratched case and crystal appears to have a crack at the 3 minute mark

Don't buy it now or add to cart

You can find much better for that price

DON

8. SkunkPrince Jan 4, 2022

Of course you could! There is nothing wrong with waiting to get what you really want. I've made the mistake of buying things just to have them and discovering it was a mistake later.

9. mr_keen Jan 4, 2022

Yes. Also seems like he is misrepresenting everything as all original when the link Dan shared says that the crown was replaced. Actually found on Reddit for a cheaper $750 offer but will let the mods know that this guy is misrepresenting the sale

10. MtV Jan 5, 2022

Oh boy. Always a little sad to see a great deal from a seller here ending up in the hands of a flipper. Well spotted @Dan S

bconnor87 and Dan S like this.
  11. bconnor87 Feb 23, 2022

sleepyastronaut and Dan S like this.
  12. sonicosa Feb 23, 2022

That's too bad. I would have preferred to sell that watch to someone who would enjoy it if possible.

It would have been nice to be asked before reusing my pictures as well.

MtV, Aludic, Dan S and 2 others like this.
  13. bconnor87 Feb 23, 2022

It may just be that the seller this time around has no idea that it has been discussed on here before. The ebay post says 'Best offer accepted'. It is strange if it's been sold that many times this year already though.

14. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Feb 23, 2022

It does say best offer was accepted but above that it says it was relisted:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/154865036946?ViewItem=&item=154865036946Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Maybe that eBayer and current OF seller are one in the same.

Still, recycling images like this breaks the OF rules
    Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 8.21.55 AM.png

lindo, sonicosa, stormysky10 and 2 others like this.
  15. mr_keen Feb 23, 2022

Seller knew what he was doing. He had the same posting on reddit which I informed them of there after your guys' feedback of reused pictures. They made him take it down. Now he let the dust settle and sold it here.

16. Dan S Feb 23, 2022

You did a nice thing offering this watch at such a fair price for an entry-level collector. Not-so-nice behavior by the flipper IMO.

17. sonicosa Feb 24, 2022

Thanks, Dan - and I'm happy to say I'll continue to do so undeterred by this experience.

I'm always glad when I have a watch that I think is nice enough to offer here for a fair and reasonable price. I thoroughly enjoy being a part of this community, and being able to pass along decent deals I've found when it's time for them to leave my collection is a great way to pay forward all the time, knowledge, and experience others have invested in this site for people like myself to benefit from.

Dan S, bconnor87, MtV and 1 other person like this.