110 days with a 3861 Speedmaster

I've had quite a few watches in my life. The largest my collection got was when I had 9 watches a few years ago. These last years I settled with a four watches collection, all Omegas.
Last year, in the end of November, I left Brazil to live in Italy for 3 1/2 months, as I was hired as a visiting professor by a University in Roma.
I decided to bring just one watch with me. I was between my Aqua Terra 8500 golf edition and my 3861 Speedmaster (sapphire sandwich), as they are the most versatile watches I own. Ended up choosing the Speedmaster with the Aqua Terra brown leather strap.
At November 30th I arrived in Italy and set the watch to Roma time. Since then, I used it every day, and used the chronograph every once in a while. Wound it almost every day (may have forgotten to wind it a day or two). It went from ski in the Italian Alpes to suit and tie at the University, and a lot in between.
After a few weeks, I checked and it had gained a bit over 20 seconds, which I thought was great. A few more weeks later, it had lost about 10 seconds. It made me scratch my head for some time, until I payed attention to how it was resting and learned that this watch gains around one second if I leave it overnight with crown down, and loses around one second if I leave it crown up. Good finding, I hadn't noticed it before. When I thought it was staying too much with crown up, I would do the opposite the next day.
It now reads +9 seconds from day one, which was 110 days ago. If I really wanted to, it could read +1 or even 0, it's just a matter of paying attention to the resting position.
Anyway, It was great to live with just one watch. It's an experience of connection that I hadn't had in a long time.
Below is a picture of a few days ago, when I went to the Omega boutique in Rome to check out the new white Speedmaster.
By the way: it looks very nice and is still available. If you're in Italy and want it, just enter the shop and buy it!

DWRdVJh.jpg

learned that this watch gains around one second if I leave it overnight with crown down, and loses around one second if I leave it crown up.

Very interesting! Good to know.

Nice. I have the same 3861 which was given to me as a gift last year. I love it. Also, pretty surprising how different the white dial looks next to yours.

what about when it’s dial up? I have two seamasters and a sub and all are the same for me:

crown down - loses a few seconds
Crown up - loses more than a few seconds
Dial up - gains a few sec

what about when it’s dial up? I have two seamasters and a sub and all are the same for me:

crown down - loses a few seconds
Crown up - loses more than a few seconds
Dial up - gains a few sec