10 years of collecting vintage Omega - SOTC

Posts
5,026
Likes
18,607
You said there is no theme and you buy what you like. Nevertheless you have a very balanced collection. To me it seems very structured and well planned. Funny. Anyway, it looks great. Enjoy!
 
Posts
1,818
Likes
5,927
What a decade! Thanks for sharing this incredible collection.
 
Posts
1,488
Likes
2,222
Thomas that’s an excellent well rounded collection. Additional suggestions beyond the 30 T2 Chronometer include 343 Seamaster and First Generation Globemaster.

And the million dollar question: is replacing all these beauties (which are hard to acquire in their own right) for a grail going to provide you that much more enjoyment?
 
Posts
1,749
Likes
14,928
Thomas that’s an excellent well rounded collection. Additional suggestions beyond the 30 T2 Chronometer include 343 Seamaster and First Generation Globemaster.

And the million dollar question: is replacing all these beauties (which are hard to acquire in their own right) for a grail going to provide you that much more enjoyment?

I guess it is one of the reasons why I haven't sold them for grails, I think 10-20 of the ones I own will provide more enjoyment than a grail 😀
 
Posts
8,132
Likes
36,640
Beautiful and nicely balanced collection. I always look forward to seeing your posts in the New Arrivals thread, always quality and the condition of your purchases never disappoints.
 
Posts
30,180
Likes
77,927
Great collection! I once had a fellow from the US contact me about doing some servicing, and he claimed to have the biggest Omega collection of anyone, at 80 watches. I didn't have the heart to tell him there are probably people on this forum who have 80 of one model alone! 😉
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Wonderful collection! I, like you, collect what I like. I can get as much enjoyment from a $50 Benrus as I can from my GMT....sometimes more. The diversity in your collection is what’s impressive- a hoarder will have 20 of the same thing, your collection is beautifully curated- almost a dissertation on the breathe of design and diversity in the vintage Omega catalog.
 
Posts
1,749
Likes
14,928
Wonderful collection! I, like you, collect what I like. I can get as much enjoyment from a $50 Benrus as I can from my GMT....sometimes more. The diversity in your collection is what’s impressive- a hoarder will have 20 of the same thing, your collection is beautifully curated- almost a dissertation on the breathe of design and diversity in the vintage Omega catalog.

Thanks 😀 I use to say I collect from ca. 1900 til medio 1970's. Omega made so many different models so you never get finish collecting them, there are allways another Omega model I also like, so you never get finished.
 
Posts
71
Likes
109
Wow. An amazing assortment of vintage omega timepieces. Quite a catalog Omega has built up over the years.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Wow. An amazing assortment of vintage omega timepieces. Quite a catalog Omega has built up over the years.
Agreed- it shows a company that’s not afraid of taking design risks- unlike the Coronet that has kept flogging the oyster to death...how many ways can we see the same designs over and over and over....
 
Posts
3,785
Likes
6,442
That is a great collection in 10 years.
May I ask if someone does the maintenance for you or you do it yourself ?

Regards
 
Posts
272
Likes
442
Wow, that's awesome!
Are all of these still inn your collection?

Any more info about the constellation in the middle with a brown(?) dial?