Forums Latest Members

zoretto dino looks amazing and is big time value for the price

1. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Aug 21, 2020

elab eta 2824,..great vintage look and size. i dig the ploprof like bezel as well

$650

i believe this is the second iteration, and is much more unique. the first one they did they copied the alsta jaws watch.

this looks like a big winner. can't believe there isn't much buzz with this model.

https://www.zoretto-watches.com/dino

zorry.png

or pay 10k for this

[​IMG]

janice&fred likes this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 22, 2020

Funny how all there watches look like something I have seen before.

So Jenny what do these look like... FEEF3AF6-9868-46D1-9D13-E4C55C1AEC34.jpeg B859D1A9-013C-455B-9600-A27F2009803C.jpeg

Pretty sure I’ve seen this somewhere heuer or there.....
    7D05A072-C859-45DD-A270-FD27A3167BDF.jpeg

slique12 and connieseamaster like this.
  3. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Aug 22, 2020

Shame about the size of that yellow Jenny.... I mean Zoretto. No way I can afford a Caribbean but I think they did a good job with that one.... but 43mm ::facepalm2::

4. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Aug 22, 2020

they did deliver those yanni homages too large. they did stick an swiss eta in it though. and most of these micro start ups forfeit that.

so their market is large wrist individuals who like the vintage caribbeans?. the last real jenny diver that came out at 41mm was too large as well. I had to sell it because of it. that and it was a little blingy, and the zoretto version looks like there's polished steel in many spots as well. zoretto still did a good job with the execution, if that watch is your thing, and you like big.

5. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Aug 22, 2020

here's a better pic.

looks like a wide boy, and bigger than the tale of the tape

numbers say 38mm and 48mm l2l

zoretto doesn't seem to do much marketing and have much of a presence

[​IMG]

ZIELSZIEK and Walrus like this.
  6. janice&fred Aug 22, 2020

Going Swiss with the ETA movement moves these up a few notches. The build quality looks good too.

7. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Aug 22, 2020

sapphire crystal ar, sapphire bezel, elabore 2824

i'll find out soon enough. i'm going to pull the trigger

89-0, TDBK and janice&fred like this.
  8. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Aug 27, 2020

watch arrived. can't believe how quickly it arrived. 3/4 days from hk to ny............bravo, zoretto

solid bracelet with mico adjust and glide. i believe you can buy a variant of these directly from china @ $35-50. the same/similar is sometimes double the cost for usa sellers.

can't believe how heavy it is for an ideally sized 38mm. the bracelet weighs a ton and is prolly has a 5mm thickness, with end links that are made for the watch. I wouldn't be surprised to see the bracelet fit on some vintage models as well.

haven't sized or wore it yet, just admired it because I am away.

9. TDBK Aug 27, 2020

I was just looking at Helbros Invincibles on eBay, this scratches the same itch, a little more expensive but a lot less trouble.

time flies likes this.
  10. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Aug 27, 2020

those watches have cheap components to them. i don't agree that they'll be "less trouble" either.

it's a pretty delicate skin diver...........i would never pay any premium for them.

11. TDBK Aug 28, 2020

I agree; as I said, the Zoretto is a little more expensive than the Helbros, but it's going to be a lot less trouble.

12. janice&fred Aug 28, 2020

I'm liking that yellow one a lot. That's a lot of 60's eye-catching pizazz without breaking the bank. I just might have to get me one. Used and on the cheap of course.

13. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Aug 30, 2020

ridiculous.

ruined 2 bits trying to size my bracelet. and after the pin came out i'm not sure it's even a pin that holds the bracelet together. it looks like a screw/tube kind of thing but it's so small i can't even tell if it's a screw, and when i feel it i still can't tell.

plan b - remove bracelet and put on tropic. sounds easy enough, but the end piece is so flush and so tight it makes it very difficult, as there is also some kind of pin that serves as a brace holding it in place underneath on each side. which is moot anyway because i can't even get the the spring bar out to boot, and if i did i would probably bend/scratch everything else in order to remove it.

i will state that my watch tools are cheap, but they've worked for the most part up to know.

i don't even know what i'm up against here?

zoretto5.jpg zoretto4.jpg zoretto3.jpg zoretto1.jpg

14. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Aug 31, 2020

went to see my guy....it turns out zoretto used spring bars for their bracelet links. i rammed the crap out of one of them trying to remove it, breaking it thinking it was a pin. what you see in those pics isn't a tube or a screw. it's the remains of a spring bar.

i bent 2 pin punches that now need to be thrown away.

how do i remove these things in the future?

zoretto7.jpg

Edited Aug 31, 2020
  15. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Aug 31, 2020

#thatswhatshesaid

Zapatta likes this.
  16. TDBK Aug 31, 2020

Sorry you had that trouble and thanks for sharing. Is it as simple as depressing the spring tips using the holes on either side of the links? Or are those capped/covered?

17. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Aug 31, 2020

no, they're not covered.

so only do one end, and bend the bracelet so the spring bar exposes itself? seems like i would really have to bend the links to see it/get at it, as the other half is still in place.

18. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Aug 31, 2020

re-reading that the optics did look lol

[​IMG]

eugeneandresson likes this.
  19. TDBK Aug 31, 2020

I may not be understanding, but I'm imagining using two tools to compress the two sides at the same time until the link comes free? And maybe use some kind of shim when reassembling? Just guessing. Maybe email the company, they may have a suggested best practice.

20. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. Aug 31, 2020

I have to wonder, how do they get away with calling it "waterproof" on the dial? I thought Water Resistant was the only acceptable term anymore. Or Just depth ratings.

Or has that changed?

Or, do they just hope no one dives and dies while wearing it...