Forums Latest Members

SOLD Zodiac Astrographic Limited Edition, Like new in boxes. Beautiful blue dial. Logo Patch. Now $995.

1. pnwyankee Mar 10, 2021

I typically prefer Vintage watches over their modern counterparts for any number of reasons.
    However, here is a case where this Limited Edition version of an old classic by Zodiac, is the more desirable choice.
    I owned a vintage Astrographic and this almost new watch with it's stunning Blue Dial is a much more attractive timepiece.
    Unlike the vintage Astrographic I purchased on eBay and then had to send off for a service that cost more than I paid for the watch, this one is ready to become a part of your regular rotation or could easily be your every day wearer.
    My understanding is Zodiac only made 182 of these in each color way and they are already very hard to find at AD's or online sellers.

This example has never been worn outside the house and will ship with both the inner and outer Zodiac boxes.
    I did have a link removed from the Bracelet to fit my 7 1/2" ( 19.05 cm ) wrist and the link will be included as well.

Here is what Zodiac says about the watch on their website:
    LIMITED EDITION ASTROGRAPHIC AUTOMATIC STAINLESS STEEL WATCH
    Sold Out
    Ref: ZO6606

Lauded as the “Watch of the Future”, the original Astrographic was designed in 1969 during the height of the space race—a period of technological innovation culminating into the historic Apollo 11 lunar landing. Ignited by this advancement in space exploration, Zodiac sought to bring a similar pioneering attitude to timekeeping. Deriving its name from the terms astronomy and astrology, the Astrographic was a watch very much ahead of its time with its avant-garde shaped case and use of floating disks to tell time in lieu of traditional watch hands.

Now in honor of the Astrographic’s 50th Anniversary, we’ve crafted a one-of-a-kind limited edition inspired by the next giant leap for humankind: the exploration of Mars. This new model still features suspended hour and minute markers that simulate two revolving satellites in space, while the second hand is designed as a red dot to resemble the iconic Red Planet. In striking stainless steel, this re-issue of the Astrographic marks Zodiac's commitment to blending historically renowned design with Swiss-made horological advancements.

Case size: 40 mm x 43 mm
    Case thickness: 10 mm
    Lug width: 18 mm
    Movement: Automatic
    Origin: Swiss Madel
    Water resistant: 10 ATM

Price: $1,095 includes conus shipping. Will ship internationally if the buyer will pay the difference over conus shipping costs
    PayPal Friends and Family preferred.

Look closely at the attached images and see how the blue dial changes in different light conditions!
    Also, if you look closely at the last two images you can see how the Red Dot, representing Mars, mysteriously moves around the dial in lieu of a typical second hand.

Finally, here is link to my references here on the Private Sales Board: https://omegaforums.net/search/14982104/?q=pnwyankee&o=date&c[node]=10

Thanks OF for the space.

Zodiac Astrographic Limited Edition.jpg

Zodiac Astrographic Limited Edition-2.jpg

Zodiac Astrographic Limited Edition-3.jpg

Astrographic Patch.jpg

Zodiac Astrographic Limited Edition-4.jpg

Zodiac Astrographic Limited Edition-5.jpg

Zodiac Astrographic Limited Edition-6.jpg

Zodiac Astrographic Limited Edition-7.jpg

Zodiac Astrographic Limited Edition-8.jpg

Zodiac Astrographic Limited Edition-9.jpg

Edited Mar 14, 2021
    marco, blufinz52, Vegarius and 17 others like this.
  2. JwRosenthal Mar 10, 2021

Well, this is very groovy!

DaveK likes this.
  3. pnwyankee Mar 12, 2021

Friday afternoon BOX bump.
    I should mention that, besides the Inner Box and the cool slip cover with the Mars graphic ( both shown in picture 4 ), I also have two more outer boxes that were part of the original shipment from Zodiac,
    Both are black and one has the Zodiac Logo and also says "Limited Edition"

4. pnwyankee Mar 14, 2021

Bump for new picture of BOXES and LOGO PATCH.

Astrographic Patch.jpg

Lonestar and JwRosenthal like this.
  5. pnwyankee Mar 17, 2021

Would prefer to sell this one here.
    So this bump is for a price reduction to $995.

6. pnwyankee Mar 21, 2021

a bump for no good reason at all