Forums Latest Members
  1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 19, 2013

What's the situation regarding parts supply and availability, particularly with the El Primero as far as independent watchmakers are concerned? Zenith being LVMH I'm not sure what their policy is regarding parts accounts

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jan 19, 2013

Most parts are readily available. Some watchmakers are "officially" approved/recognised by Zenith and can buy parts directly. Others will have to buy from a third party - in the UK, the best parts supplier (IMO) is Cousins www.cousinsuk.com

For semi-restricted parts such as Zenith, you have to register on Cousins web site, but if you do, you can see all the parts available by movement number. Eel Primeros are well supplied. I always check the parts situation before buying any vintage watch.

Bracelet/strap parts are treated as sales items by Zenith so the only source is an AD.

3. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jan 19, 2013

Independent watchmakers in the US can't seem to get anything from the mother ship. The good news is that many EP parts are available through other channels. If it has to come from the factory, you have to have a connection. I have only seen factory parts go to AD's, a prominent Swiss vintage dealer with a friend in Le Locle, and a budding teen-age watchmaker who sent a letter to the Zenith CEO about his restoration project.

4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jan 19, 2013

Ash, if you need any parts, I am spending next Christmas in Brisbane ;)

I know it's nearly a year away but that's nothing in the life of an EP.

5. ulackfocus Jan 19, 2013

I saw that post - he got a NOS dial for his square cased 70's EP too, correct?

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 19, 2013

Yes, but I think you'd have to come up with an equally compelling story to open the vault at Le Locle. Perhaps an imaginary girlfriend dying of leukemia?:whistling: