Forums Latest Members

Zenith: first Biver effect

1. Finrod Felagund Aug 3, 2016

Zenith is chuting down the Geneva flagship... :thumbsdown: and plan to close another 2...

The group was actually having one of the smallest number of boutiques across the world with 11 only... from next week only 8 of them (mostly in Asia) will remain.

It's gonna be hard to have a good service now... poor decision for the brand I think.

It reveals how bad Zenith's economic health is and that's just the begining of JCB's action with Zenith.

I really think that LVMH will kill the spirit of the brand :(

Edited Aug 3, 2016
  2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 3, 2016

google translate is not helping. can you tell me what that means?

3. Finrod Felagund Aug 3, 2016

Sorry the the thread went on before I wrote it ::facepalm2::

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 3, 2016

I'm not hugely surprised, Zenith has a very loyal fanbase but they're not the type of brand that has the wide appeal to justify boutiques IMO

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 3, 2016

Don't panic. The spirit of the brand has seen much worse. First there was Zenith Electronics, that actually tried to scrap the whole shebang. Then there was Thierry Nataf and his atrocities. Biver has a long way to go before he matches those benchmarks.

Finrod Felagund likes this.
  6. Finrod Felagund Aug 3, 2016

I'm don't panic (yet)! ;)

But the team in this shop was good! they knew the product and rare enough to be said they new the history of the brand and was very helpful with vintage watches.

This knowledge can not be expected from a multi-brand dealer nor than dedicated service to source some old parts that are still sleeping in Le Locle.

7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 3, 2016

Very rare, very true!