Forums Latest Members

SOLD Zenith A782 El Primero with its lobster bracelet [more pics added]

1. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 2, 2020

Respectable OF members who don't bump daily,
    (the others really aren't... :D)

You all know the drill, some watches come in, some others have to leave the watchbox to fund the current and/or new toys...

For Sale my Zenith A782 El Primero. It's part of the legendary A781 (red) / A782 (blue) / A783 (silver) series, dating back to 1971. In 1971, the little remaining info we have left, it is often said that there were 1500 made of the red A781 + 1000 of the blue A782 + 1500 of the silver A783.

They all share the "Espada" 38mm (ex.crown) case with no crown guards, which has that very unusual shape, somewhere between a tonneau, and a case - with that crazy 14-side-polygon-shaped bezel. Zenith sure knew how to do funky stuff in the 70's! It's a beast of a case, but it wears very comfortably thanks to the smooth shape, and the crazy low 11-12mm for an automatic chronograph from bitd (you can thank the bespoke PHC3019 movement for that).

The 019E005 serial number is clearly visible on the caseback (updated picture); it seems to confirm a '71 EP, as a kind member explained to me today via PM. I can redo the picture clearly if needed :)

The bracelet has its ZR end-links and its 8 main links, which is kind of rare as most of them have lost one. It is an integral part of the watch design, and helps make this sizeable watch cozy on the wrist. I have an 17cm wrist, the pictures will help describe it better. Almost 2 links are in the clasp, so it will easily accomodate 19cm wrists.

The dial is amazing. The "fume" blue decoration is crazy and what brought me to that design in the first place, as it brings so much depth and presence to the watch. In typical El Primero fashion, the circled sub-compaxes overlap each other, and the faceted hour indices are a great recollection of that feature on the outer side of the dial. I would like to call out that the watch currently sports a service crown. Hands appear to be original to me, there is a strange discoloration in the seconds running hand that makes me think *maybe* that square chunk of lume was touched up in the past, but maybe not...

The watch functions properly and keeps time within 20s per day, service history is unknown however. I would recommend a service as the chrono seconds hand sometimes resets at 59s instead of dead center if you are going to wear it regularly.

Overall this is a watch with insane presence that is a sure conversation starter at GTG - it is hard to keep it hidden, beause it is so in-your-face, however it will also look fantastic with a blue suit and tie thanks to its polychromatic dial - and you also will know you are wearing a rare beast on your wrist. It also one of the rare watches in my rotation that my wife recognizes and always has a couple of good words about (for what it's worth:cool:)

IMG_20201031_163245747_HDR.jpg IMG_20201031_163326217_HDR.jpg IMG_20201031_163308211_BURST000_COVER.jpg IMG_20201031_163259803_HDR.jpg IMG_20201031_163253422_HDR.jpg IMG_20201031_163248250_HDR.jpg IMG_20201031_163245747_HDR.jpg

New pics: caseback, movement, (the silicon ball opener can do wonder, don't underestimate it like I did :)), and clasp:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a wristroll, because, why not!

I would like to get 4300USD/4000CHF/3700EUR (other currencies available upon request) including fully insured shipping from Switzerland to Western Europe, paid to my transferwise account, net to me. This way it looks like a “local” wire to you regardless of where you are in the world and is as smooth as silk a banking experience as you can get (Even US buyers get it right first time :D). If you are in other parts of the world, let's talk about how to get it to you, I'm sure we can find a smart way ;) If you are in the Lemanic area, then I’d be glad to give you a discount, meet you in person, hand it over to you with a bow, and the beer is on me . I am primarily looking for cash, no trades for now please. No paypal.

Regarding the amount I'm requesting - I believe it's fair. It's more or less what I paid for it a few years back, so I'm not making any money on it. this also means the room for nego is very limited, as I believe it is priced fairly. There are currently two (told you it's rare...) A782's on C24 at the moment and they are priced $6'200 and $7'000. https://www.chrono24.com/search/ind...=1975&year=1976&year=1977&year=1978&year=1979
    They do have original crows, but they have other imperfections that mine doesn't have, as you can see. So please draw your own conclusions price-wise :)

Sales Terms: (inspired by Spacefruit's)
    I only sell to bring some new pieces to my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe, but I am not bothered by an uplift. I have (mostly) bought and sold (some) watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my references here (https://omegaforums.net/search/13903340/?q=lonestar&o=date&c[node]=10) . I have met some omegaforums members in person in the Lemanic area as well as in Biel and Milan a few times, and I hope I made a good impression on them. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure, but I’m not a philanthropist either. I am not in the least offended by offers, as long as you aren't lowballing me - If you are, I will likely ignore you at the very worst ;)

Returns:
    I have done my best to provide as much info as I could. I will happily answer all your questions before the sale, and snap more pictures for you. I will not take returns for this watch unless you consider it is grossly misrepresented and you are willing to have a discussion about it all, openly, on omegaforums, i.e. not by PM but into the limelight, as I value my fellow OF members opinions. I am opinionated, but not stubborn.

Payment:
    Payment by Bank Transfer only. Paypal are a bunch of thieves. I will never, ever use them again, they are expensive and their protection level as a seller and/or a buyer when one is facing an experienced scumbag is nil. No more paypal for me, period. Face to face delivery is always welcome in the Lemanic area even in Covid times, as long as we both wear a mask :)

Thank you OF for the space, and stay safe everyone.
    Best,
    Paul

IMG_20201031_163317743_HDR.jpg
    Edited Nov 19, 2020
  2. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 3, 2020

Posting day +1 bump :) also added serial number.

Talk to me! :)

Medinatalzahra and wristpirate like this.
  3. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 9, 2020

New pics added. Thanks! Paul

4. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 16, 2020

5. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 24, 2020

Sold, to a new OF member who joined us recently, and we hope he's going to be actively participating and share pics of these amazing watfch :)

Thank you everyone, and as usual big up to OF mods and admins for making all this happen in the best possible conditions :thumbsup:

Edited Nov 25, 2020
  6. Mr.Bliss Nov 24, 2020

Very jealous, a real beauty

Lonestar likes this.
  7. wristpirate Nov 24, 2020

Congrats to the buyer (and seller) she's a beauty!

Lonestar likes this.