Forums Latest Members

Zenith A386 .... Need Advice

1. sohail Feb 1, 2013

Hi Experts
    I have a zenith el primero A386 with a mint original polish case and perfect 3019 movement. This watch is missing dial and dial bazel...... Is it possible to get the dial and dial bazel from open market??? If not is it worth to send it to zenith , if so , how much should I expect to pay ? Thanks and regards

2. John Chris Il Duca de Luca Feb 1, 2013

If you send it to Zenith, you will get a service dial that looks good but is clearly not the same as an original dial from 1969 - see thread 'New Member and Question": http://omegaforums.net/threads/new-member-and-question.3519/ In your case, that might be the best solution given that you have no dial at all. An original dial and bezel in good condition would be preferable, but a very rare find...

Chris

3. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Feb 1, 2013

Agree. Next to impossible to get an original A386 dial on the open market... I don't think I've ever seen one.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 1, 2013

Not to threadjack too much...

But something you Zenith guys might find interesting, since the Vintage Omega forum started gaining traction, watches that were considered uncommon or rare have started coming out of the woodwork more and more. I think in coming months or years you'll start seeing many more A386s, Cal 135s and other Zeniths than you currently know of in collector hands.

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 2, 2013

Quite right. Here's a New-Old dial comparo

New service dial, also used in the 2009 New Vintage 1969 watch
    [​IMG]

The real McCoy
    [​IMG]

You should also be aware that there are a number of put together A 386, assembled in recent years apparently all by the same frankenmeister somewhere in Italy, with the service dial. Their case numbers are out of sequence and there are other irregularities as well.

Agree, but this bump has already happened for the A 386s and the cal 135s I think. It is now starting for the other El Primero references, as seen in our recent thread documenting 5 G 381s for sale simultaneously, for a watch whose total production was 700.

6. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Feb 2, 2013

I hope this is the case, 'cause I'm still hungry for a few more. :)

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 2, 2013

Hey hey hey, I still don't have ANY!

I get 1x Cal 135 and 1x A386, then you get to keep hoarding :p