Forums Latest Members
  1. flyingdoormat Nov 4, 2018

New to Zenith watches but I noticed this one in a watch lot and after some research found the Zenith to be an A3630. Listed as working but obviously needs some attention. I am not a believer in over restoration so my intention is to just have it cleaned up and serviced to retain the value. I would appreciate any thoughts others may have. Also looking for more information regarding this model.

Chris

Zenith Dial.JPG Zenith Caseback.JPG Zenith Crown.JPG Zenith lot.JPG
    Edited Nov 4, 2018
    jumpingsecond and MMMD like this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 4, 2018

That should clean up nicely, congrats. I’d have the hands eedone, but otherwise leave it alone.

3. flyingdoormat Nov 4, 2018

Thanks Darlinboy. That's are familiar name from MWR. In the group shot you can see part of the missing lume at the 10 o'clock marker but now is sitting in the date square. Seller wasn't aware of the Zenith but from questions she was answering it was obvious it had been spotted by quite a few people.

4. tritto Nov 4, 2018

I was watching that lot and was surprised how high it went on the basis of some very average photos. My mate sent me the link and said he might be interested in the vintage skindiver. He thought maybe $40 would get the lot :)
    Nup.

Congratulations.

5. flyingdoormat Nov 4, 2018

I was hoping it wouldn't go as high but there were a couple of serious bidders towards the end. Maybe the addition of the extra photos and the answers to some questions prompted buyers to take a chance which included me. I normally collect military watches but was looking for something a little different and rarer and being listed in Australia I didn't have to worry about additional import fees. It also helped that I had a 10% off voucher from ebay to apply

6. vujen Nov 5, 2018

You just need to replace (or clean) the crystal. Nice catch, very nice watch.

7. flyingdoormat Jan 25, 2019

Finally back in Australia and got the chance to have a watchmaker look at the watch. Got it going by manually winding but unfortunately has a broken rotor post. What are my chances of finding or can anyone give me leads for a replacement.

8. vujen Jan 30, 2019

These divers are - fortunately - powered by very common movements. I don't remember exactly which movement - sorry! - at the moment. Maybe a 2552 or something similar. But it should not be difficult to find something on the bay. Good luck! :)

MMMD likes this.
  9. flyingdoormat Jan 30, 2019

Thanks for the reply. Have been able to source the part on ebay. Was advised that 2522 parts are interchangeable with mine which is 2542 so hopefully on the way to getting sorted

10. flyingdoormat Jun 27, 2019

Just an update on the watch now that it is back form repair and a tidy up from a fellow MWR forum member in Singapore. Took Darlinboy's advice and only had the hands re-lumed. Broken oscillating weight axle was replaced during the service but otherwise just a general clean up and polish of the crystal. Very happy with the result. My watchmaker believes the bezel lume pearl is fitted similar to a Rolex one. Can anyone suggest a fix for this rather than luming the dot
    IMG_7695.jpg IMG_0113 (1).jpg IMG_7698.jpg IMG_7695.jpg IMG_7699.jpg

11. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jun 27, 2019

Can offer no suggestions on the lume pip but can congratulate you on a gamble that came off. Well done, looks great now!

12. vujen Jun 28, 2019

Very nice result!

13. preacher Jun 28, 2019

Very nice job!
    I don’t know about the pearl
    Congrats to you and to your watchmaker!