Forums Latest Members
  1. Steve1haggart Sep 25, 2016

Gold watchs don't do it for me sorry .Marko your rite to be hesitant it's you money not ours and if the deal doesn't feel rite then walk away there's plenty more ranchers out there for the taking ..IMHO the watch is over priced by around £300-£400 But that only my opinion. Best of luck whatever you do .
    Steve

cvrle1 likes this.
  2. 72c Sep 25, 2016

If you think you have it bad buying in Candadian dollars, try being in £. It hasn't been a pretty ride :eek:

FWIW you're actually getting more GBP for your CDN right now since any time from late 2013 onwards.

cvrle1 likes this.
  3. cvrle1 Sep 26, 2016

yes, this is true as well. You guys do have it quite bad last several months, since Brexit vote. Will be really interesting to see how the whole thing works out.

4. pitpro Likes the game. Sep 26, 2016

It's fine.
    Here's one 189 serial away
    16366789.JPG 16366789-2.JPG 16366789-4.JPG 16366789-5.JPG 16366789-6.JPG 16366789-7.JPG

cvrle1 likes this.
  5. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Sep 26, 2016

I've been traveling so I just noticed this thread. FYI, the terrible, red flag waving buyer who paid for this watch within minutes and wanted the watch sent to his personal PO Box (like dozens of other watch purchases) was...........ME.

This seller agreed to a price, was paid immediately and promised to ship today. Fast forward, never contacts me that he has any issues, and cancels the sale and says the watch is no longer available. Quite an asshole, IMHO.

Edited Sep 26, 2016
    Steve1haggart likes this.
  6. pitpro Likes the game. Sep 26, 2016

that's bs that he didn't contact u

7. cvrle1 Sep 26, 2016

Wow, that is unexpected. He mentioned that you wanted to do a transaction outside of ebay and po box shipping. Didnt feel comfortable as you had no feedback on ebay as seller (which I am not sure what it has to do with buying an item) He did say you could possibly be perfectly valid buyer, but he wasn not comfortable apparently. I cant really add anything more as that was the extent of conversation we had.

Makes me wonder what the hell happened and why he said these things, especially if he never contacted you at all. Surely a bs move in my books. Really weird, and seeing this makes me glad I took time to think this whole thing over.

8. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Sep 26, 2016

Seller is right, I have no eb rating as a seller. I am a hoarder after all and hoarders don't sell. :)
    WTF does that have to do with anything. My buyer rating on eb is 250+ and he was paid within minutes.
    His final comment that shipments to po boxes are not allowed by paypal is pure BS.:whipped:
    Anyway, watch wasn't THAT wonderful to begin with. Would have been nicer if it was steel and not gold plated. Nor was the price.

So in the interest of what goes around comes around. I would advise the entire world to steer clear of:

Ebay Seller: njmearme
    Seller Name: Nicholas Mear
    Seller's location (per Ebay): Halifax, United Kingdom

Edited Sep 26, 2016
  9. cvrle1 Sep 26, 2016

As I mentioned above, that was my main issue as well, and why I took so damn long. I just dont know how I feel about gold. Thanks for the update, and shitty to hear you went through this.

As for the price, this watch was on sale by same seller last year for 1250GBP, but people thought it was fake due to the dial. Seller got extract from Omega to show it is real and all original (extract doesnt really show that to begin with) and jacked the price up to eBay one. He is not interested in lowering it at all (I asked)

It is what it is. To the next watch we go.

gemini4 likes this.
  10. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Sep 26, 2016

11. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 27, 2016

Sorry to hear about your bad experience but if I sold a watch I would react the same way as that seller if asked to ship to a PO Box.
    Paypal protections only apply for the seller if the product is shipped to the same address as the Paypal registered address. Is your registered Paypal address at your PO box? (I didn't think you could register a Paypal account to a PO box?).

I've read a story of a seller who got targetted by a scammer asking for a watch to be shipped to a different address than registered Paypal address (said "send to my daughter please"), then claimed they never received it.
    In that case Paypal forces the seller to disgorge the funds and the seller cannot prove the item arrived at the correct (registered) address. So the scammer gets the watch for free.
    I suspect that's what the seller means when he/ she says Paypal doesn't allow shipping to a PO box- and that is correct in a sense.
    Whenever I ask sellers to ship to another address than my registered Paypal account, I always try to give a very sweet and polite explanation highlighting the details of my Ebay transaction history.

12. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Sep 27, 2016

FYI, I've been using my PO Box as a registered paypal address for 2 years. Dozens of paypal transactions. Over a hundred ebay transactions.

13. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 27, 2016

Sounds like the guy was wrong then....

14. Pvt-Public Sep 27, 2016

My PayPal address has been a PO Box for almost 5 years now. There are some things some companies won't ship to a PO Box. But even this can be overcome with just a bit of communicating with each other.

gemini4 likes this.
  15. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Sep 29, 2016

My PayPal address has been a post office box for eight years.

16. cvrle1 Sep 30, 2016

Another Ranchero popped up. Want to see if I am right in my assumptions, and see just how off I actually am. Not interested in the watch, but want to see if this whole learning thing is going well.

Case looks really polished. Lugs look almost like cylinders now.
    Hands have been replaced with non ranchero ones, from newer model watch (no idea which one)
    Dial looks to be original, but it is missing T markers, so I am confused about that.
    I am never sure about lume like this. I want to say original, but no idea why it looks all fuzzy and stuff. I only see this on Ranchero's
    Cal 267 belongs to 2990-1, so that looks fine
    Caseback has 2990-1 so thats fine. Doesnt look like replacement
    15M serial number is in range of Cal 267 movement.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391578750244Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Any feedback on asumptions is much appreciated. Thanks.

17. redpcar Sep 30, 2016

Hands are wrong. Buenos aires, Argentina = danger.

18. micampe Sep 30, 2016

pretty sure that’s a redial. text is all wrong.

Drawarms, gemini4 and cvrle1 like this.
  19. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Sep 30, 2016

Polished case.
    Looks like a redial.
    Wrong hands (the sub seconds hand is totally off)
    Case looks like a correct 2990.

Drawarms and cvrle1 like this.
  20. Davidt Sep 30, 2016

Fake dial or redial. Original Rancheros are radium though so they shouldn't have T's so that's not a problem. Font, Omega symbol etc are just wrong.

Drawarms and cvrle1 like this.