Your opinions on a newer railmaster?

Hello. My name is Jim and I’m a watchoholic. Right before I went into the painful “long covid” or post Covid whatever it is that messes your head up I ordered a railmaster. I know they are not the most popular and probably a poor “investment watch” but since I don’t sell I just look for things I like. I really liked the one out old friend skunk prince (RIP) and talked to him about buying it but a buyer struck quick. Then I was looking at some vintage DJ and a few other things. So anyway it can be difficult buying a watch cause there are so many I like. I was considering returning this and upgrading a little but one dude who I greatly respect told me it fits well and I should keep it.

I used to be paranoind about big and flashy but as you roll on you realize no one cares what you are wearing. So it’s not like you haven’t seen a railmaster. But if you notice any flaws or think it doesn’t wear well I’d be interested in your opinion. Haven’t sized it. As a matter of a fact have not done a damn thing with it yet. So, my entry level railmaster. I prefer the non faux loomy but that’s just a taste thing.

It’s pretty much jewerly that has the added benefit of telling time. Thank you again for any comments both good and bad.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Like 15
Lovely watch. I really like the blue denim style variant. Definitely on my list of watches I'd like to own.

Like 2
Very nice indeed. Congrats.

Like 2
I personally prefer the previous gen (not a fan of the denim dial finish). Cool watch nonetheless.

IMG_5218.jpeg

Like 4
I personally prefer the previous gen (not a fan of the denim dial finish). Cool watch nonetheless.

IMG_5218.jpeg
Love the hands on that

Like 1
Looks great, I like it! And if you like it that's all that matters!

Like 2
I would love to own a Railmaster, not the least because my grandfather worked his entire life for Seaboard Air Line (later Seaboard Coast Line). But my T. rex wrists can't pull off the modern size. Maybe Omega will see fit to return to the 36mm size someday.

Like 1
I think it’s an awesome watch. I really like the vertically brushed dial. Nice pick up.

Like 4
I would love to own a Railmaster, not the least because my grandfather worked his entire life for Seaboard Air Line (later Seaboard Coast Line). But my T. rex wrists can't pull off the modern size. Maybe Omega will see fit to return to the 36mm size someday.
Similar story here my grandfather built a lot for the railroads. You might be surprised with the railmaster the lug to lug is pretty compact. Sorry I forgot the dimensions off hand. It is a bit worrisome if you don’t have an AD nearby to try things on and hoping the fit is good through the mail.

Railmaster will get you pussy it appears

nice watch all around

Hi, Jim. Welcome.

That fits you like a glove, or at least a nice watch. Not flashy, but solid and honest looking design. A good go anywhere, do anything watch.

Like 2
OP,

The Railmaster pictured below was in my short list. I kinda like things to be symmetrical. So a date window at 3 o'clock is not my cup of tea. If it's at 6 o'clock position, it would be better. The best for me would simply no date window. The Railmaster made this no-date thing happens.
I looked at the Aqua Terra obviously. I don't like the shiny polished bezel of the Aqua Terra. Too flashy. The brushed bezel of the Railmaster is perfect for me.
The only thing that doesn't work for me on the Railmaster is the 40mm case. I have a couple TISSOT watches with 40mm cases. They all look slightly too large on my wrist. 38mm is the perfect size for my wrist.
But on your wrist, the Railmaster fits you really nicely.

upload_2023-8-9_20-14-32.png

Like 3

IMG_5218.jpeg

Hi Jim,

Came here to say this, as the owner of the 36mm, there are great little under the radar watches, but not always easy to find.

Another Railmaster that came to mind was this:
tuoXAwh.jpg

A little bigger than the 2504.52 above, but still reasonable at 38mm. Anyway, like you said, too many cool watches around and doesn't matter what others think, but that you like the watch. Size wise, it seems to fit well.

Like 3
Lovely lugs, great dial and a lollipop. What’s not to like?! Seems like a really cool, somewhat uncommon alternative to a pilot watch as a daily wearer. Sleeper hit!
Edited:

Like 4
It's a superb watch.... easy to read at a glance, being brushed it hides the inevitable knocks it gets at work...upload_2023-8-10_15-19-14.jpeg

Like 10
It's a superb watch.... easy to read at a glance, being brushed it hides the inevitable knocks it gets at work...upload_2023-8-10_15-19-14.jpeg
Great shot, cool job you have I’d love to drive a Choo Choo train.

Like 1
I'm not driving - I'm a signalman, in charge of a signal box at the Great Cockcrow Railway. It's my job to keep trains running as efficiently as possible without compromising safety or passenger enjoyment :)

Like 3
I'm not driving - I'm a signalman, in charge of a signal box at the Great Cockcrow Railway. It's my job to keep trains running as efficiently as possible without compromising safety or passenger enjoyment :)
You are much closer to driving a train than me so as far as I’m concerned it’s on your resume.