Your opinion on this Omega 2990 - 1

Hello,

what do you think about this Omega 2990 - 1?

I'm new to the vintage world and I'm considering tp buy this watch.
From what I read this is a "transformed Ranchero ", but I've never seen this combination of dial and movement.
Is the position of the Seamaster inscription correct?
Do you think the watch is genuine or it may be a franken?

Many thanks for your support

Looks like an older redial. I would stay away.

Many thanks for your reply.

I don't have a trained eye for redials, but the Seamster inscription made me suspect that.

I might be able to get it for 500€
Do you think that finding a correct dial would be a viable approach?
I would also have to look for a crown, and both are not easy to find, I think.

I would pass on this watch. If you are looking specifically for a "Seachero" (a transformed Ranchero with a Seamaster dial) there are better choices, but most will cost you more than 500 Euro. OF member Sneer recently sold this one here in the private watch sales forum: SOLD - Omega Seamaster CK2990 from 1959 | Omega Forums

20210918_SQ_UK.jpg

But seriously, by the time you find a dial, crown and have the watch serviced you would probably end up close to what it would cost to buy an all original watch.

Many thanks for your reply.

I don't have a trained eye for redials, but the Seamster inscription made me suspect that.

I might be able to get it for 500€
Do you think that finding a correct dial would be a viable approach?
I would also have to look for a crown, and both are not easy to find, I think.

If you want a Ranchero, save your money. If you just want a legit hand-winding Omega, you can find one with an original dial within your budget.

Hello, many thanks for your useful and educational answers. I'll follow your advice and I'll go on saving for an original Ranchero... and studying.