Forums Latest Members
  1. speedmistr Dec 8, 2020

The watch that started your obsession and maybe even got away from you. Mine was the Heuer 1153BN about 8 years ago. I had just bought a G Shock and started flirting with buying an analog watch. After much research and gradually going deeper down the rabbit hole I came across an 1153BN on Ebay that really grabbed me. It was a BIN for about $3K if I remember right. Sadly, I didn't really know much about Heuer then and couldn't bring myself to spend that much at the time so I compromised with a Tissot Navigator for a fraction of the Heuer's price. I've bought and sold many watches over the years and the Tissot still remains in my collection. I never did buy an 1153BN though, even when I started upping my spending limit...which didn't take too long.

[​IMG]
    Credit: Phillips of London

[​IMG]

DaveK and Vitezi like this.
  2. Vitezi Dec 8, 2020

The watch that pushed me down the rabbit hole was winning this one at auction...
    [​IMG]

...followed by this one at auction later the same day:
    [​IMG]

I was pretty much doomed after that. ::facepalm2::

DaveK and Benbradstock like this.
  3. Benbradstock Dec 8, 2020

I had dabbled in a few vintage pieces before, but this 1954 Conquest is the first one I really fell in love with. I suppose that’s the main reason why I keep it around, even though it rarely gets wrist time for the past year or two. Ever since this purchase, this hobby has been a nonstop safari for me.

C23A5DC9-ED9E-4063-AA18-6505B1113EEB.jpeg A338C734-282D-441A-8FFF-224633034E3A.jpeg .

Vitezi and DaveK like this.