Forums Latest Members

Yikes! Omega Constellation or not?

1. suzanne Jan 15, 2018

Hi folks.. New to this site and looking for a bit of help/ advice with a watch i purchased via an online auctioneer site.. Was a panic last minute bid to buy (without looking closely at the images of the watch before buying and i am no omega expert- first time buying an omega watch! so please dont laugh!... is it me or does the dial not look right on this watch.. has it been repainted badly or what? .. a fake? Any advice / comments welcome... Thank you in advance.. Suzanne.x

original (2).jpg original (3).jpg
  2. cristos71 Jan 15, 2018

It's all bad news I'm afraid, fake dial, fake movement and fake case :(

3. Passover Jan 15, 2018

Hi Suzanne, really a bad one, sorry! :(

Was offered in England, also via online auction?

Edited Jan 15, 2018
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 15, 2018

Link to the auction for future reference. You may be able to send back depending if it's eBay

5. suzanne Jan 15, 2018

:( Thank you for your replys.. Confirmed my fears.x ::facepalm2::

6. suzanne Jan 15, 2018

Was bought from an auction house in Bristol (via online bidding - I am in Scotland) awaiting on its arrival .. will contact the auction house and see if there is any way of returning it- It was listed as : An Omega Automatic Chronometer Officially Certified Swiss made Constellation wrist watch having gilt baton numerals with faceted hands and date aperture at three. Set to a black leather Omega strap.

7. Passover Jan 15, 2018

Yes, I was pretty shure I saw this one before...

You should really try to give it back though I don't know which the legal situation is when you buy something at an auction house

8. suzanne Jan 15, 2018

Thank you.. Will give it a go and see if they will take it back.. may just have to put it down to an expensive lesson

9. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jan 15, 2018

@suzanne
    I posted this one on the forum as a very bad fake - and emailed the auction house to let them know it was incorrect, stating it was not an Omega Constellation, hoping they would withdraw it.
    However the email would only have arrived on the morning of the sale - so they may not have seen it in time.
    Given the incorrect description I would try and return it.
    Best of luck.

hotwheels likes this.
  10. ICONO Jan 15, 2018

You can return it……In fact …Contact them now before they even send it out

Give them the link to this Forum…the item is ‘not as described’…

If the Auction House is Member of a Professional Trade Association, they will have professional integrity & can instantly cancel your bid, and refund

hotwheels, IDXM, Foo2rama and 2 others like this.
  11. suzanne Jan 15, 2018

Thank you very much for all your help guys.. I have contacted the auction house and awaiting a response.. will let you know how i get on..

Spruce likes this.
  12. suzanne Jan 15, 2018

A wee update .. The auctioneer called me back and is kindly cancelling the sale and refunding the money.. hoorah! Thanks again everyone for all your help and advice.. gratefully appreciated. :)

Syrte, watchme, cosmofox and 13 others like this.
  13. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jan 15, 2018

good news.
    now, if you like Constellations read this blog site:
    http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.co.uk

and if you find any other targets you come across, you might like to post them in the vintage Omega section for comment.
    - but a decent one will generally cost you a lot more (x4) than you bid recently.

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  14. Jerseyhammer Jan 15, 2018

Sorry it’s a fake IMO

15. Jerseyhammer Jan 15, 2018

I know it’s too late now but here an example if what you might look for next time . Good hunting and don’t be to down about it

6A34298D-7045-41B2-8CD2-0774855396ED.jpeg
    Shailor and Lucasssssss like this.
  16. dan7800 Jan 15, 2018

Welcome to the forum @suzanne . I'd suggest spending quite a bit of time on the forum with us nerds to educate yourself to avoid obvious fakes like this. Quite a few people say that we are frequently at least moderately tolerable.

Also check out the for sale forum here for honest watches.

Welcome!

Lucasssssss likes this.
  17. Jerseyhammer Jan 15, 2018

18. kkt Jan 15, 2018

Glad you were able to get the sale reversed! Shame on the auction house for putting this up for sale...

19. suzanne Jan 16, 2018

Thank you for the kind welcome Dan.. I must have some sort of 'nerd' situ going on within as i think this forum is excellent.. very helpful & informative.. everyone has been very nice.. no laughing (outwardly at least!) regarding my seriously embarrassing mis buy.. After studying genuine omegas the fake i bought was so 'not right' and just down right ugly!! It has not put me off on my new found addiction of buying omegas (maybe would not be saying that had the auction not refunded my money) and have made another purchase already . (oops). fingers crossed i have not made the same mistake again!. ::confused2:: .:):screwloose::laughing nervously) .. will post some images once it arrives next week.. Thanks again ;)

20. suzanne Jan 16, 2018

Thanks .. was a relief that i was not stuck with that ugly watch.. In fairness to the auction house.. the auctioneer was first class in dealing with it , apologetic and arranged the refund immediately. I would probably not have taken it any further (threw the watch in the bin and put it down to a bad experience) had i not had the help and advice from the people on here.. so thanks again all!