Forums Latest Members
  1. Darkhorse Oct 13, 2019

Happy Sunday night all --

Have been looking into acquiring a yachting watch recently. Grew up sailing and would be a cool addition. If anyone is knowledgeable about Yemas, would welcome any opinions on the below. It's sold through a Spanish seller - Watches83 - on Chrono24, so I am inherently a bit weary. I've done some other open source research and it looks legit, albeit perhaps not the best quality example.

yema-yachtingraf-patent--vintage-hand-winding-chronograph-watch-cal-valjoux-7733-spectacular-.jpg yema-yachtingr-pending-vintage-hand-winding-chronograph-watch-cal-valjoux-7733-spectacular-.jpg yema-yachtingraf-patent-pending-vraph-watch-cal-valjoux-7733-spectacular-.jpg

2. Ninja2789 Oct 13, 2019

One of the more useful yatchingraf sites I’ve found has been HeuerChrono. They’ve got a pretty decent coverage of all things skipper/sailing watches.

Specifically for you, the Yema section will go through a pretty good collection of variations with pictures you can compare and contrast.

happy hunting.

3. Darkhorse Oct 13, 2019

Thanks!

4. JwRosenthal Oct 13, 2019

Know nothing about these other than they are cool- but the mossy lume on the hands and dial would kill it for me. Dial looks dull and lifeless- it has lost its sparkle.
    And the case edges are well rounded from over -polishing.

5. DeepBlue Oct 14, 2019

Watch looks legit to me. Crown appears to be a replacement.

The dial and hands are not really attractive imo. Don't know what the price is, but if it is on chrono you can probably find a better example for the same kind of money or less elsewhere.

chronoboy64 likes this.
  6. Darkhorse Oct 14, 2019

Yeah -- I'm starting to feel the same way about it.

7. WatchCor Oct 14, 2019

A lovely reference and watch. I agree with earlier posters , particularly the hands are a :confused: for me. They seem to be as sloppily repainted. The asking price for the OP watch is 2.5k€

In my opinion there's a better one for sale here on ΩF and for 500€ cheaper.