Forums Latest Members

Yellow Gold and Sedna Gold Brothers finally together

1. Riviera Paradise Dec 10, 2015

Hi all, been absent from the forum with a hefty amount of work activity going on. The news is I have finally pulled the trigger on a YG Tresor! After much deliberation and several posts here, I have come back to the Omega fold/family for my first latest watch purchase.

DSC04117.JPG

DSC04119.JPG

Omega (Globemaster), JLC (MUT) and Rolex alternatives were considered, but the Tresor with its gorgeous waffle dial, interesting calibre/decoration won me over. I think some consider the decoration on the movement a bit "industrial", but I think it combines very well from a design concept with the materials engineering technology inside (first hand wound super anti-magnetic watch). From several other posts I know most on the forum prefer the sedna gold Tresor, but I really loved the warm tones on the yellow gold version + I already had a watch with sedna gold accents:) and I have posted some photos of the two "brothers" together.

DSC04116.JPG

Haven´t had time today to do an overall collection shot, but I will post one as soon as I have time and receive some new shoes for my Breitling (blue stitched leather strap). Here is a previous shot in the "pre-Tresor phase". Again I apologize for the quality of the photos as I am really a rather poor close-up photographer.

DSC03616.JPG

Thanks again to all who replied to my previous posts and I wish everyone a happy festive period (read happy Xmas if that applies to you) and a wonderful, thrilling New Year...although I suppose for the WIS community, the New Year really starts around Basel 2016:)

Cheers!

2. ConElPueblo Dec 10, 2015

That's such a wonderful watch, congrats on your purchase! You have an amazingly rounded collection - though strictly modern! :)

3. abrod520 Dec 10, 2015

That XI-45 really looks great on the Ti bracelet in these photos! Never really liked that setup before but now I'm having second thoughts.... ;)

4. Riviera Paradise Dec 10, 2015

Sincere thanks for your generous compliment:) . I have gone step by step building up my collection. I have learned so much from the wonderful community of forum members we have here.

5. Riviera Paradise Dec 10, 2015

Thanks for the thumbs-up. Don´t want to provoke you any further on your decision, but I can´t resist mentioning that the TI bracelet is silky smooth;)

6. legends71 Dec 10, 2015

Congratulations on the tresor, instant classic.
    Great watch collection you got there.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. Riviera Paradise Dec 10, 2015

Thanks @legends71 !

The Omega Boutique gave me a great price before the price hike/exchange rate correction, which certainly helped in pulling the trigger:)

8. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Dec 10, 2015

I was just viewing and drooling over the YG Tresor this morning. In fact, today it's the first thing you see when you visit the Omega web site. That particular Tresor is about as classy as an Omega can be -- very reminiscent of the beautiful Omegas we see from the middle of the last century.

The trend of putting transparent case backs on watches is particularly beneficial for 18k gold watches: in addition to being able to see the intricacies of the watch's movement (which never ceases to fascinate me), the quantity of gold in the case is reduced significantly which is definitely reflected in the watch's selling price.

Congratulations on a truly spectacular acquisition!

9. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Dec 10, 2015

Definitely drool-worthy :)

10. Riviera Paradise Dec 10, 2015

Thank you Jones in LA! I agree 100% with your comments. I searched but could not find in the JLC or IWC range anything that looked as good as the Tresor at its price point. Add the stealth factor of knowing you have some top notch anti-magnetic technology tucked away inside...well drooling is indeed a natural, almost Pavlovian reaction:)

Jones in LA likes this.