Forums Latest Members
  1. nickw Jan 29, 2018

It looks like the Gen 1 and Gen 2 X-33 battery swaps are straightforward. My Skywalker is starting to do the 5 second second hand jump so it is time for a new battery. Does anyone know if the X-33 Skywalker uses the same battery and Gen 1 + Gen 2 or what the new size is. I'd rather have a battery in hand before I open the case and dust cover but if not I'll just open it and keep it sealed up until I can get a battery.

errr reading more about the speaker, seal and titanium screws have me rethinking doing this myself.

Edited Jan 29, 2018
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 29, 2018

CR 2320

mistexbs and nickw like this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Jan 29, 2018

It was £90 for Omega to do a battery change in my 2nd generation, in December 2017... was happier to pay that than have a go myself... but then I have the fine motor skills of an Elephant on acid.

speedamatuer and Archer like this.
  4. stockae92 Jan 29, 2018

DIY? Depends. I would call and check your local Omega Boutique. Some (if not all) has on site watch maker that can handle battery change and pressure test for ya, imagine maybe cheaper than sending the watch back to Omega. Check first and see.

I opted to do a DIY on my X33 with no issue. I am thinking Skywalker should be pretty similar. i have been changing batteries on Casio, Timex, Breitling Aerospace, etc. I supposed that helped with my "training". :p

5. tyrantlizardrex Jan 30, 2018

It's the same price whether OB or Omega Service centre. Standardised pricing. ;)

6. larryganz The cable guy Feb 1, 2018

I like the idea of having the movement function tested when they change the battery, and getting new seals and WR testing. So I'll take my high-end watches in for that kind of battery service, and the cheapies can get the $9 battery swap at the local watch/clock shop.

mistexbs and tyrantlizardrex like this.