Forums Latest Members

X-33 Kevlar/Coramide Straps

1. duc Jul 7, 2020

I never did thank you for this link. That's what I settled on and its a nice, inexpensive - no frills option. The brushed version works very well with the whole package.

2. Abuemily Jul 7, 2020

That looks great! I’ve pretty much given up looking for the time being. Shipping from overseas is so slow, and my local Omega boutique, after saying they would check, never got back to me. I’ll just look at your photos.

3. bama2141 Jul 7, 2020

Looks good on the Gen3! A deployant works well for this strap since it’s pretty stiff and overflexing with a tang buckle will likely cause early wear.

4. TheBucketOfTruth May 27, 2022

I ended up picking up this strap for my Gen2 years ago because I love the design and how it doesn't leave any gaps between the watch body and the strap. I have to say a guy who was considering selling me his titanium strap was correct and they are kind of trash. I didn't even wear the watch all that much but these things are not durable and they start flaking to pieces. Quite a shame for the price but wondering if anyone makes a replica or more durable strap that mimics this design. I'd like mine to look fresh but not sure I want to spend all the money on something that will just fall apart again. I'm very careful with my stuff too. Maybe I'll take pics to show how these end up.

5. chrisb732 May 27, 2022

6. TheBucketOfTruth May 27, 2022

It was the one with the two bumps, the Gen1 style strap. I think it's a great design and like that it doesn't leave any gaps unlike the simpler Gen2 strap. I'm debating what to do now. If anyone has ideas for straps that will not leave a gap I'm all ears. I'm quite partial to the design of the Gen1 strap it just seems it is not made of very nice materials. But I'm not really a watch guy so maybe this is par for the course with leather bands? The inside of the band is pretty much fine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chrisb732 likes this.
  7. chrisb732 May 28, 2022

@TheBucketOfTruth thank you for sharing. How long have you had the strap? Maybe you could bring this issue up with Omega or whoever you bought the strap from in hopes of a replacement.

8. Paedipod May 28, 2022

Unfortunately this is the typical wear of the Gen1 straps. I had mine replaced by Omega about 2 months after I bought my x-33. It also failed fairly rapidly. There was a second version available that is a little less shiny and more robust, but no idea if it is still available. I like that it fits the case as well, and there are fitted Omega sharkskin straps out there for “regular” speedmasters that fit the x-33 nicely.

chrisb732 likes this.
  9. Timetron Apr 20, 2023

The one on my Gen2 is the most current version of the black Coramide strap. I received it a couple of days ago and it is more comfortable that what I thought it would be.

IMG_8324[1].JPG

Here is the strap reference number for those interested

IMG_8332[1].PNG

I ordered it from SGUS Florida by contacting [email protected]. I have received great customer service from her.

Edited Apr 20, 2023
    JulienLeBreton likes this.
  10. YY77 Apr 20, 2023

I have a picture which includes the matching buckle

IMG_1410.JPG

Timetron likes this.
  11. Timetron Apr 20, 2023

@TheBucketOfTruth
    So how long did the strap last until it got to that condition?

12. Timetron Apr 20, 2023

@Abuemily
    I ordered it this month from SGUS Florida by contacting [email protected]. I have received great customer service from her.

13. TheBucketOfTruth Jun 22, 2023

Was anyone able to find a double bubble style strap like the Gen1 offered from anyone else? It's just so much better looking than the plain flat straps, and I don't think I want to go to a Ti bracelet.