Forums Latest Members
  1. GTveloce Dec 23, 2019

Perhaps some of you know this already, but just thought I'd share something I recently stumbled on with my X-33 1st Gen.

Not sure if this also applies to 2nd Gen. but hope it helps.

I've heard complaints that the "quick access" function by pressing the 10:00 pusher only accesses the Mission Elapsed Time display, which is of course very handy for the astronauts it was intended for but not for most of us civilians.

There is a workaround I discovered... if you set the display to whatever function you wish, and then turn the display completely OFF, pressing ANY button (including simply pushing in the crown) will turn the LCD back on with the readout last displayed.

Edited Dec 23, 2019
  2. GTveloce Dec 23, 2019

So for example if you wanted quick access to the UTC function (I travel frequently and use this often):

Step 1) cycle through the displays until you get the UTC readout.
    Step 2) depress the 10:00 button (#4 pictured) for about 2-3 seconds to turn display OFF.
    Step 3) depress ANY of the four pushers** OR the crown and the display will turn ON with the UTC readout.

**note by depressing the 8:00 button (#3 pictured) it will turn back on with UTC display + backlight.

IMG_4407.jpg