WW2 US Navy zig zag Chelsea deck clock

Posts
1,179
Likes
6,009
Don't have a lot of free wall space did not need another clock. But saw this US Navy Chelsea Zig Zag clock. I don't have one guess now I do. Bought this off eBay today. How they worked.
OPERATION: A cam is mounted on the back of the movement that sends
an electrical signal to the terminals which are wired to a bell or buzzer that is rung at a predetermined interval.
At the sound of the bell, the conning officer commands the helmsman to alter course, and maybe speed. This procedure makes
it difficult for enemy submarines to plot accurate torpedo firing solutions.
Hope she works took a gamble on it nothing in the add that said it worked. You can see the stop and start switch on dial and the two wire connectors on the side of case. He had no photos of movement it has an odd ball movement different than other Chelsea movements. They also had brass cases but mine Bakelite. Got a great price I think only if it runs. Sene a message to seller he never got back to me yet.

 
Posts
1,179
Likes
6,009
I found a YouTube video were a guy hooked up a light that would come on when the clock sent to signal to turn. If the switch in the clock still works might set something up. The light would come on for 15 seconds and shut off. Would be a cool way to show how this works.