Forums Latest Members

SOLD WUS Orthos Commander 300 Black Dial Dive Watch by Lew & Huey

1. sxl2004 Jun 17, 2017

For your consideration, a Lew & Huey Orthos Commander 300 dive watch with a black dial.

The Commander 300 is a 250-piece limited edition project watch by the Watchuseek Forums. It is now sold out. The watch was designed by WUS members as a homage to the 007 Spectre watch and executed by Lew & Huey. Please find additional information on this watch at http://www.janistrading.com/orthos-commander-300-edition-black-sold-out/

The 316L stainless steel case features eye catching twisted lugs, reminiscent of 1960 Omega sports watches. The case top is polished and the sides are brushed. It has a L&H signed screw down crown. It is rated 300m water resistant.

The dial went through the most design discussion and it paid off as it is highly legible and very balanced. The matte dial with the thick patina lumed hour markers is just stunning! Below 12 0’clock the Commander 300 and Orthos brand can be found. Above 6 o’clock the Commander 300 inscription is located. The arrow hour hand and the dagger minute hand are patina lumed and the central second hand sports a lumed triangle on its tip.

The crystal is a lightly domed sapphire glass with antireflective coating

The diver bezel takes its cues from the Spectre Omega watch and sports a 10 to 60 aluminum insert with a lume pip at 60. It is a 120 click unidirectional turning diving bezel.

I really love the engraved case back with the 007 opening scene gun barrel view and various information around it. The center of the barrel is a W in a cross bar.

The movement is a robust quality Seiko NH35 with a 21,600 Hz beat rate.

The watch comes on its original brand new bracelet that has never been worn and still has all the protective stickers on.

The watch measures (from the L&H website): lug to lug 50mm, diameter without crown 42mm, height 13mm.

The watch is in lightly used condition and shown minor signs of use. There are some light micro scratches (you have to use a loupe to see them) on the case and case back. The case has one ding around 9 o’clock on the bottom edge. Please see the picture for more information. The bracelet is brand new and never worn.

The watch is 1 year old and is running perfectly. The watch is water resistant (I tested it to the swimming level).

The original Lew & Huey travel pouch is included.

Price $399 OBO

PayPal and bank transfers are accepted. Please add 3% fees for PayPal payments. Shipping & handling is included for CONUS and added for all other countries. Shipping is fully insured and of course the correct value will be used for custom purposes. If PayPal is used, I will ship only to verified addresses. I prefer to ship directly to the buyer, if other arrangements are made I will not be responsible after dropping off the shipment.

I have bought a few watches here on OF and I can provide you with feedback from EBay and Etsy if requested. The buyer may share feedback ratings on request.

Returns will not be accepted unless the watch is grossly different from the description. Please ask relevant questions before you commit to buying.

Unfortunately, I am not a watchmaker and therefore cannot guarantee the future performance or water resistance of the watch. I do however try to describe the watch as accurately as possible. I wish this transaction to be win/win and I will do everything to make it so.

1IMG_2651.JPG IMG_2608.JPG IMG_2620.JPG IMG_2622.JPG IMG_2637.JPG IMG_2638.JPG 1IMG_2651.JPG IMG_2608.JPG IMG_2620.JPG IMG_2622.JPG IMG_2637.JPG IMG_2638.JPG IMG_2640.JPG IMG_2642.JPG IMG_2644.JPG IMG_2645.JPG IMG_2646.JPG IMG_2649.JPG IMG_2653.JPG IMG_2654.JPG

Thanks for your interest and to OF for the space and opportunity to post this FS ad.

Edited Jun 17, 2017
    George.A likes this.
  2. sxl2004 Jun 17, 2017

Sold!
    Thanks A.