WTB scam attempt

Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
I just received this message from a brand new member regarding a WTB I have posted. They used @shishy as a way to legitimize their message with me. Considering Shishy’s last post was in January and they were last logged in, in April, this is a scam. Be warned if you receive a message from this brand new member.

 
Posts
8,743
Likes
69,527
WTB ads will often attract scammers.

Good luck with your hunt & continue to be careful & vigilant out there.
 
Posts
2,583
Likes
3,869
Hmm, I was thinking of posting a WTB for a bracelet link or two. Now I'm starting to rethink that.
 
Posts
35,633
Likes
39,880
Hmm, I was thinking of posting a WTB for a bracelet link or two. Now I'm starting to rethink that.
It’s usually pretty obvious, I wouldn’t be too worried.
 
Posts
1,556
Likes
3,119
Yeah, I got something like this. I just ignored it as when I went to to my PM Inbox, there was no message. To confirm my suspicion, I searched for the sales thread and, of course, found nothing

As a rule, I never click on the links in these types of email, no matter where they come from. I always use the same bookmark to get to the required website and then navigate to where I need to go.
 
Posts
1,610
Likes
6,044
Beware of the gentleman registered today as @mikebree, he's surfing right now the wtb's.
Promptly reported, thanks to the mods.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,375
In addition to supplying vintage watch parts, he also works for the IRS. All of you owe back taxes and you’ll all be arrested if you don’t pay what you owe using VISA gift cards by noon tomorrow. 😲