Forums Latest Members

WTB - Playstation 5 Console

1. Dedalus05 Nov 26, 2020

Only half joking really. Another hobby of mine plagued by scalpers. Any OF members Gamers?

Edit - dedalus05 on PSN as well if anyone wants to add me. I'm a Warzone guy this weather.

Edited Nov 26, 2020
  2. BradleyJ. Nov 26, 2020

I'm a long time Playstation fanboy but earlier this year I was convinced Xbox was going to win this console war, and that I would make the switch. That said, PS definitely won in terms of specs but I turned to the dark side this summer (I left console to go with PC) I've still been trying to get a PS5 for my nephew and it seems like an impossible feat. Last night Walmart had more go on sale at 9pm ET, and once again I came up empty handed. My buddy was lucky enough to get an order thru though. Sony says there will be more available by the years end as well as Gamestop who says each store will have minimum 2 in stock at 7am Friday morning (in store purchase only)

Have you made many attempts online?

Dedalus05 likes this.
  3. Wivac Terribly special Nov 26, 2020

Yea, long way back to the Commodore 64.
    No plans for a PS5 as I'd need to build an extension to put the massive hideous lump in first.
    Will stick with the 4 Pro for a while until they come out with something less white goods.

Dedalus05 likes this.
  4. BradleyJ. Nov 26, 2020

just bury it away in a cabinet. With everything being digital now its not like you even need access to the console anymore.

5. Dedalus05 Nov 26, 2020

A pre-order with Gamestop back in August, but apparently that wasn't early enough to get dips on any of the first batch of deliveries. I am trying not to get too worked up while I wait, but it is hard. There is feck all else to do during lockdown except watch Snoopy 50th Anniversary videos Playstation 5 videos ;).

She is a big lump all right. Good luck with your hunt.

BradleyJ. likes this.
  6. mountainunder Nov 26, 2020

I'm playing on the Nintendo Switch!:)

7. BradleyJ. Nov 26, 2020

What's your genre of choice?

8. Dedalus05 Nov 26, 2020

I go through phases. I often put down the controller entirely for months at a time. When I am playing I like the action/adventure games like Last Of Us, Tomb Raider, Nathan Drake etc. But during lockdown I picked up Call of Duty Warzone (150 player battle royale). And your boy Dedalus, at nearly 50, won a couple of matches! I can't tell you how satisfying it is to win against kids 20-30 year my junior. I love killing kids - not enough games let you do that. I like to run over them with my truck ::psy::

Yourself? What do you play?

9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 26, 2020

PS4
    Just finished Ghost of Tsushima. Great game :thumbsup:
    99.2% on Red Dead 2
    Played Dying Light a few weeks ago and currently sweating on Dying Light 2 to come out.

Mostly go through stages if a game comes out that’s cool. Usually play game and don’t play for a few months afterwards.

Had a chat with a mate at volleyball last night that has had a PS5 who was explaining how trigger response on the PS5 was as close to a gun trigger as anything could be. Remarkably cool for any shooting or archery based games.

10. LesXL Nov 26, 2020

PlayStation guy here too... Mainly Destiny now, but before I used to go big on MW2/3 and BOs 1/2. Not anymore since they gave in to all the players complaining about quickscope, just because they couldn't do it lol

Back in the days, I played Tomb raider, Assassin's Creed, and Redemption something

I'm a nerd

11. BradleyJ. Nov 26, 2020

I'm in the same boat. I play COD 90 percent of the time and fill in the other times with RPGs.

Warzone was/is an amazing game for this whole quarantine stuff and offering it for free and with cross platform compatibility was incredible. The map is starting to get old for me though. They need either a new map or a serious update.

One game I need to recommend is Outer Wilds. It's an rpg about a race of creatures (they are basically like us but aliens) and you play one of the creatures whos its first day to launch into space. The premise is you are gonna explore this solar system and this other race of aliens which died off long ago, and right off the bat theres a dilemma that I can't say what because it would be a spoiler. Then you go explore to solve this dilemma but the game play is very easy, its more of a game of puzzles and learning mixed with good graphics and music. Its not last of us, red dead or Cod Cold war graphics, but they are good (its art'sy) and there's an artistic music aspect to the game which is catchy. My morning alarm tone is actually the main screen theme from this game now haha. I'm on PC and got the game for 16 bucks on steam. Its supposed to be download able from all console stores. I'd highly recommend scooping it up for cheap. Especially if you're into space stuff, reading, music and puzzles.

12. BradleyJ. Nov 26, 2020

I listened to a podcast where they interviewed someone that had their hand in the design of this whole adaptive trigger thing (or at minimum knew all the science behind it)........ It sure is impressive technology for one aspect of a controller. This is also a other reason why PS5 won the console war this generation

13. BradleyJ. Nov 26, 2020

so this is the game I was recommending to anyone with free time these days. apparently what I thought was a spoiler is straight up in the description haha.

Outer Wilds is a 2019 action-adventure game developed by Mobius Digital and published by Annapurna Interactive for Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. The game features the player character exploring a solar system stuck in a 22-minute time loop, which ends as the sun goes supernova. The player continually repeats this cycle by gaining knowledge, which is retained, that can help them on later loops. The game received critical acclaim and won several awards, including for game of the year.

So what I think is cool is you're stuck in a time loop and it doesn't matter if you die in 30 seconds or 21 minutes cause at the 22min mark the sun goes supernova and you're gonna die anyway (as explained by the game synopsis haha) no matter where you are in the solar system. each planet has its own challenges which mixes it up and keeps it interesting. its also not a long game that just keeps going on like red dead, fallout, or skyrim. Your space craft has an onboard computer that logs in everything you learn like a cork board with red string going from clue to clue. I make it a point to hop on the computer, and even if I only have a half hour, go explore for 22 minutes and fine one more clue . Thats the beauty of it, you don't have to invest a lot of time continuously playing.

Dedalus05 likes this.
  14. SadKen Nov 26, 2020

Have not played on an xbox or playstation since my favourite game was ruined by the Turbo/ Mod pad shenanigans.

The game was called Blur, sort of Gran Turismo meets Mario Kart.
    I was top 100 in the rankings and then along came the muppets with their new toys.
    It didn't take long for the game to die a sad death.
    What i did find funny was that a couple of years later i switched the box on and checked if it was still being played, amazingly there was still a dozen or so mongs all using turbo pads still playing.
    The mind boggles ::screwloose::

15. BradleyJ. Nov 26, 2020

Blur?..... That was a decade ago man haha. As for the turbo pad shenanigans, im not really sure what that means.

16. orlis Nov 26, 2020

I have at the moment both, ps4 and Xbox one x (first came with me to US from Europe and I bought Xbox while in US).

I wanted to buy ps5 and tried numerous times with Best Buy and Walmart but never made it. Was able to score Xbox series X and I should pick it up tomorrow but still hope I can get Ps5 on Friday...

17. BradleyJ. Nov 26, 2020

I've made the sad decision to sit on the curb when I leave work today and wait at gamestop ::screwloose:: Each location is supposed to have minimum of 2 units. I did two and a half days in the rain for Playstation 3. Granted there was an overhang it was still miserable. Back then they were nice enough to say that they had 11 on hand so after the 11 people in line got there they warned the rest. Some stayed to test their luck and some left. I was 4th I believe ::facepalm1::. Back then it was part of the experience but now I'm getting too old for this crap. Seeing my nephews face on Xmas will make it worth it....... if I even get one. If there's more than 2 people waiting at 330pm when I get there I'm turning around.

Dedalus05 likes this.
  18. orlis Nov 26, 2020

I will try my luck online with BBY tomorrow and if not, picking up Xbox and forgetting about ps5

19. drhombus24 Nov 26, 2020

A good friend of mine is already standing at a GameStop waiting. He’s definitely committed....

BradleyJ. likes this.
  20. BradleyJ. Nov 26, 2020

thats awesome haha. unfortunately I'm stuck working or I'd be there too. I did just drive by one and there wasn't anyone there but its not the location ill be trying my luck at.