WRUW Today?

Posts
425
Likes
6,248
Having this“seventies science fiction”racing watch on my wrist while cooking a seventies dish.
 
Posts
2,242
Likes
29,412
215262
 
Posts
12,148
Likes
40,474
Been wanting a 2298.80 for a while and to say I am not disappointed is an understatement!

 
Posts
247
Likes
1,086
This super clean 6309. The last watch I bought, of many, at the 26th St. Flea Market in NYC, on the day it closed in 2005.
 
Posts
15,950
Likes
47,889
This Rolex Oyster Date came to me recently with a broken mainspring. The owner commented that it had been necessary for him to wind it manually for the past year, and then it quit! I didn’t open it while he was here, so I told him I expected to see the rotor post worn out, or one or both reverser gears at fault.

When I opened it, there was no trace of rotor rub, and both reverser gears were fine. I emailed him and suggested that having to wind an automatic that was in otherwise good order is often the result of reduced activity and/or illness of the owner. He answered with a reply that he had been undergoing cancer treatments for the last year, and that his activity level HAD been greatly reduced. He approved my estimate for conditioning, mainspring, and water test. The watch is about 30 years old, and I have maintained it for him since 2004. Calibre 3135. I believe this is a Buckley dial? Anyone know where that name came from? He will retrieve it later this week.
 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,768
Enjoying an early evening walk with my boy and a sub on the wrist 😀

 
Posts
317
Likes
3,649
Premier for my Ingenieur from 1993. I fell in love, not only with the gorgeous design, but also with the untouched condition. I’ve noticed that the dials and hands often are replaced on these. It wears amazingly well and significantly larger than it’s 34mm!
 
Posts
11,008
Likes
55,023
Switch to a thin black strap. Probably should've gone with this from the get-go. YaY!

That is cool if I saw that in a shop I should probably think seiko. I’m certainly not a professional look at watches guy but that is so unique wicked pissa