Forums Latest Members
  1. BonsaiBilly Mar 3, 2019

I’ve been looking for an Omega cal1020 ref 166.0216 for some time now, and this one became available on Ebay a few days ago.

(I realise this model isn’t very prestigious or in particularly high demand, but that’s beside the point.)

Compared to the picture on Omegawatches it seems like the dial has the wrong design; the AUTOMATIC should be beneath “Omega”, not beneath “Seamaster”. Or was Omega not 100% consistent/in line with it’s archives in this regard?

The condition of the dial also makes me think it’s a redial (edit: it is in fact a redial). That’s not a huge issue for me in itself, but it’s kind of a bummer if the redial isn’t even authentically done.

Edited Mar 3, 2019
  2. Folgono Mar 3, 2019

I'm pretty sure it is a redial. It looks like the "NOS" Omega coming from South Korea. There are plenty on ebay, pretty easy to spot because of the literally "new" condition and inaccurate dials.

If someone knows the story behind these "NOS" korean Omega I would be really interested to know.

3. Rochete Mar 3, 2019

Seller clearly states it is a redial.

4. BonsaiBilly Mar 3, 2019

It's so strange to me that someone would go through the trouble of putting together something that is resonably authentic (at least in line with the info on Omegawatches for that ref) except for the dial design.

Ah, I didn't know "restored" was synonymous with "redialed". Thanks.