Forums Latest Members
  1. raindog68 Sep 10, 2018

Hi everybody,

I saw this Geneve Dynamic on an auction site but am really puzzled by its looks. Seller reports it as having a 'stunning white dial' but for me it's all wrong. I never seen a dynamic with Roman numerals. Also the hands look wrong to me. As the Geneve Dynamic is a 'funky' looking watch this 'classic' looks seems inappropriate to me.

Love to hear your thoughts about it.

Ps: I have the Dynamic on my wish list but I won't place a bid on this one.

Geneve.jpg
  2. connieseamaster Sep 10, 2018

Dynamics came in a variety of dials, but I have doubts this one came from the factory as the Dynamic line was all about being "young, hip, and modern" (in the mid 60s). The printing isn't awful, but I'm pretty certain Omega used the same style A for both As on a Dynamic dial

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 10, 2018

This is a genuine dial variation, hands correct as well.

WhatYourWatchSay likes this.
  4. raindog68 Sep 10, 2018

Well, you live and learn every day. Thanks for the reply X350. I downloaded a PDF with information about the model (as written by Desmond Guilfoyle in 2009) but I haven't seen a dial like this. As connieseamaster says, I don't find this 'young, hip or modern', so it seemed odd to me.

When searching on the net for roman numerals I did find this one. They truly did come in a large number of variations.

geneve2.JPG
    connieseamaster likes this.
  5. lillatroll Sep 10, 2018

I have seen that dial design before too. I think it was a later model but can t be 100% sure. I like but it looks out of place on a dynamic.