Would you wear this watch ?

I often enjoy wearing this Slava Mig Fighter dial piece but her ladyship thinks it would be terrible to wear it given the current situation.

Personally I would have no problem wearing it perhaps with a Ukrainian strap but interested in opinions.

A971E2F4-E184-458D-8859-42198EFE2111_1_201_a.jpeg

No one cares. It's not like you bought it recently, right? You're not sending money to Russia to overcome Ukraine, after all. In fact, when I have bought these before they came from Ukraine.

As long as you don't wear a shirt with a big "Z" on it, you should be OK 😁

Not my cup of tea, but nothing to do with a Mig on the dial. It just doesn't appeal to me.

Perhaps tell her that the Ukraine Air Force also has MIGs, then just wear it!

Produced no doubt when the Ukraine was part of the USSR and probably not relevant to today's conflict (illegal invasion).
However like you I own several USSR era watches which normally I would wear on rotation but with present circumstances I have chosen not to wear them out of respect to the Ukrainian people, illogical I know but there you have it.
I have bought from Russia about 18 or so months ago a couple of new Vostoks but of course prior to the conflict. I would not dream of doing so at the moment as this is giving revenue and tacit support to the criminal that now runs Russia.
I just hope that this terrible situation can be resolved soon and that the guilty brought to account but alas I fear this conflict is no where near a close.

I’d wear it just because of the red lollipop

I wouldn’t, just because I don’t care for it. Not because of any thought of political correctness.

I could have worn this but the crown and stem keeps falling out.
IMG_20210227_080830 (2).jpg
It has the flags of the tree branches of the Soviet armed forces.

IMO the culprits are Putin and his cronies, not the Russian people or the Russian watch industy.

I could have worn this but the crown and stem keeps falling out.
IMG_20210227_080830 (2).jpg
It has the flags of the tree branches of the Soviet armed forces.

IMO the culprits are Putin and his cronies, not the Russian people or the Russian watch industy.

With you 100%

Enjoying the variety of replies 👍

It really, really depends on your circles and who would potentially see it. For my line of work, no, I wouldn't wear it - just to avoid awkward conversation.

Interesting thread. I have two Vostok watches that I no longer wear.

Mind you when I did wear them they came of my wrist in frustration after two days, as timekeeping was terrible. Very random watches, ok for a few months then off 49 seconds a day.

Mind you within their tolerances not mine. Still will keep them in the draw, interesting part of history. Must be hard to buy now.

If my experience is anay indication, the 31-jewel movements in the Vostok Amphibia can be adjusted to run very well. I had one that was running no more than four seconds off in any position, and quite good on the wrist.

Some may be aware that the love of my life presented me with this piece which she purchased just before the unpleasantness kicked of and she recalls what wonderful service she received and she has no regrets as one small purchase has gone some way to helping normal working families.

IMG_2680.jpeg

The watch arrived quickly but by that time sadly things had kicked off 🙁