Forums Latest Members

Would you wear a Barton Silicone Strap on your Seamaster?

1. MissKiwi Feb 24, 2020

Or any other high end watch? I have a midsize seamaster and cannot find any premium quality rubber (not silicone) straps that come in any other color besides black for 18mm. Would you trust this strap at such a low price point on your high end watch? I see lots on wonderful reviews about it, but it’s from people who put it on their Seikos/orients/etc.

2. Dan S Feb 24, 2020

Silicone straps collect dust like crazy. What color are you looking for? I think that blue and orange might be available in rubber. I can look at places that I’ve purchased. But probably not if you want a more exotic color.

3. MissKiwi Feb 24, 2020

I really don’t want silicone at all, but they seem to be the only choice for 18mm color options. And they have big following that says that don’t collect much dust.

I am looking for either red orange or aqua, I am open to any suggestions. I already have some 20mm rubbers coming in that I will notch but I am looking for something specifically 18mm at this time.

4. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 24, 2020

I like the Barton rubber strap. I'm not wearing it in an Omega, but it seems like it's great value and pretty solid.

IMG_20200117_100145.jpg

TDBK likes this.
  5. Koelsh Feb 24, 2020

I have always thgought that a Seamaster looks weird without its bracelet. The best alternative I have seen so far is a black nato.

6. Bushido Feb 24, 2020

Have you checked out Rubber B yet? They have a new configuration option that lets you select all kinds of different options including texture and color. I just checked for you and they do offer 18mm as a size. Perhaps worth a try?

https://www.i-unique.ch/en/?ref=rubberb

7. dinexus Feb 24, 2020

I can appreciate what Barton is doing, but I'm really not a fan of their straps. Silicone doesn't just attract lint, it's also pretty flimsy, and doesn't support heavier watch heads unless the strap is really cinched down. Check out WatchObsession for some good 18mm options in both leather and rubber. Personally, I'd get a Hirsch Pure and call it a day.