Would you be interested in buying shares of a luxury watch as an investment?

At this point in time we are back to 2018 prices across the board. They already looked inflated at the time.
^this

In fact this is not a new idea, but one that has been floated by various alternative investment startups over the last few years.

WatchCharts runs a handy index of the most "desirable" "investment" watches:

A wonderful source of schadenfreude of you're into that. You can't invest in this index directly, but don't worry, there are a variety of startups to help you!

Koia was a platform that allowed you to buy fractional shares in art, rare whiskeys, watches, and other stable investments such as Pokemon cards. You'll be shocked to learn that it has gone under and is directing marks, I mean "customers", to a similar platform called 'Chip'. It lets you buy wine that you are not able to drink, and soon will add watches you are not able to wear! What a deal. 🙄

Then there's these fellows out of Singapore would like you to give them $250,000 or more. They will buy some unspecified "investment grade" watches for you, theoretically sell them at a profit, and take 10% of gross. ::facepalm1::

Quill and Pad had a roundup of a couple other such scams this summer, with a nod to the very interesting blog horolonomics.

Anyhow, OP - if you're still here you have competition!

Hmmm, almost 2,000 views and still no word from the OP.

Come on, I need to monetise my crypto and am keenly awaiting more info on this exciting opportunity.

I think the whole forum has a share in this beauty already 😉

There will be massive hurrah from the forum when this gets sold 😁

And no one should be fooled by the dealers who are selling pieces back and forth amongst themselves, to try to keep the illusion of high prices alive...

How do you know this? Has there been a dealer who has admitted he has been selling pieces back and forth with other dealers? I'm genuinely curious.

How do you know this? Has there been a dealer who has admitted he has been selling pieces back and forth with other dealers? I'm genuinely curious.

Very common in the YouTube dealers/reviewers in the UK and EU 😗
Dealers selling other dealers watches with a few $k on to.

Bit like the Japanese that have watches on EBay they don’t own. But if you order they buy it for a bit less off the dealers (that aren’t on eBay) and sell it for the eBay BIN price that is more than the dealers price…..

What a crappy investment idea. Who would want to buy a part of a watch and never be able to actually see, hold, wear, etc. that watch?

MY investment opportunity is a much better deal. I am selling shares in $1,000 USD. Each share costs $5,000, BUT you will receive real tangible assets! For each share you purchase you will receive a new, crisp $1 bill. So you can hold it, caress it, kiss it, etc. You can put it on your pillow when you go to sleep at night. You can sleep soundly knowing you have a real asset right there to watch over. And even better, you can keep it when you eventually sell your shares!

Yes. In fact there are entire FB groups that don't have end consumers, just dealers flipping watches back and forth between each other.

Also, nothing nefarious about that : some are specialized, some have a shop (and end customers), some deal only with other dealers. Like in any industry really, there are B2B intermediaries.

Has there been a dealer who has admitted he has been selling pieces back and forth with other dealers? I'm genuinely curious.

Actually, that's how I buy many of my watches. When there's a watch I want, I tell my jeweler and he buys it for me from another dealer. On paper it looks like a dealer to dealer transaction. Also, there are some references he always wants to have in store, so when he sells one he's going to replace it immediately.

What a crappy investment idea. Who would want to buy a part of a watch and never be able to actually see, hold, wear, etc. that watch?

MY investment opportunity is a much better deal. I am selling shares in $1,000 USD. Each share costs $5,000, BUT you will receive real tangible assets! For each share you purchase you will receive a new, crisp $1 bill. So you can hold it, caress it, kiss it, etc. You can put it on your pillow when you go to sleep at night. You can sleep soundly knowing you have a real asset right there to watch over. And even better, you can keep it when you eventually sell your shares!
I think you may get more traction is you offer to accept a used and crumpled $20 bill in exchange for 2 new crisp $1 bills- two is more than one after all

Already purchased and ready to split into profitable shares. Who’s ready to wears this for 45 minutes every other third Tuesday?

**time frames and dates subject to change depending on purchased shares**

Already purchased and ready to split into profitable shares. Who’s ready to wears this for 45 minutes every other third Tuesday?

That crown has me raising an eyebrow

**time frames and dates subject to change depending on purchased shares**

This one could be the ticket to heaven like pay off here, rather than there.