Would you be interested in buying shares of a luxury watch as an investment?

The luxury watch market is one of the best-performing assets–outperforming, among others, the stock and real estate market. High-end watches, such as the timepieces made by Rolex, Patek Phillipe and Audemars Piguet, are highly valuable. If you know to pick the right luxury watch, it can be seen as a popular and sound investment that appreciates over time. For instance, the Patek Philippe Nautilus Ref 5711/1A, one of the world’s most desirable luxury sports watches, yielded a massive +500% over the past few years. Owning such a timepiece, and experiencing the ROI, is out of reach for many people.

That's why I'm curious about everyone's opinion; Would you be interested in buying shares of a luxury watch as an investment?

Please explain your answer. Why yes or no?

Source: https://www.luxewatches.co.uk/the-best-luxury-watch-brands-to-invest-in-according-to-data/

(It's for a possible future business idea, not trying to sell anything just gathering opinions)

Grrrrrrrr. Get off my lawn….. 😁

I sense that the OP may not have spent much time browsing the forum before joining.

The luxury watch market is one of the best-performing assets–outperforming, among others, the stock and real estate market. High-end watches, such as the timepieces made by Rolex, Patek Phillipe and Audemars Piguet, are highly valuable. If you know to pick the right luxury watch, it can be seen as a popular and sound investment that appreciates over time. For instance, the Patek Philippe Nautilus Ref 5711/1A, one of the world’s most desirable luxury sports watches, yielded a massive +500% over the past few years. Owning such a timepiece, and experiencing the ROI, is out of reach for many people.

That's why I'm curious about everyone's opinion; Would you be interested in buying shares of a luxury watch as an investment?

Source: https://www.luxewatches.co.uk/the-best-luxury-watch-brands-to-invest-in-according-to-data/

(It's for a possible future business idea, not trying to sell anything just gathering opinions)
You do realise those watches have just tanked this year, and there are a whole lot of dumbasses that thought the way you are suggesting that became massive bag-holders. Bag of shit that is, not money.

Not only massively behind the curve, but not even subtle... (also, bad at socializing and scanning the room).

😝

No and you're not coming to the right place with the right approach I fear...

This is a forum for collectors and lovers of all things Omega. It's not an investment website. Perhaps you would find the crowd over at the Rolex Forums website more receptive to your idea. .

A watch enthusiast pal of mine in NYC who has much more money than I got excited over the recent stainless sport Rolex thing which started not so long ago and started buying like a fool...subs and GMT's. Paying close to 10k for sapphire sub dates. Now he is sweating and doesn't want to take a 2k bath on each. He's got a long wait before there's any hope of breaking even. Nice guy and he meant well. I feel for him but he forgot this stuff is mainly leisure time hobby items and very volatile value-wise. It's not like artwork which has infinitely more interest and investment opportunities.

There were a few of these types of “watch investment” thingys put together a while back. I wonder how they worked out for those who bought a piece. I just saw the ads.

I did look into masterworks where you can invest in art but I believe the amount to enter was a bit high for someone like me who knows nothing about art. Have you looked at the other watch “index funds” to see how they performed? I’d be curious to see how they worked out but I don’t remember the names of any of them.

Listen mate... stop talking cobblers. Here's a better idea!

1) Find a bit of ground and buy yourself a load of bricks, timber, sand, cement, drain pipes and roof tiles.

2) Dig some trenches, fill em up with concrete and assemble the drain pipes into a drainage system, before laying a concrete floor.

3) Arrange the bricks in bonded layers to form walls, make sure you don't forget the doors and windows and then assemble the timbers and roof tiles in such a way that it keeps the rain out.

Great investment and you can even live in them if you want!

Here's one I made earlier for my mate Charles! Look at all the people waiting to buy shares in it! He's had to put a load of soldiers in the front yard to keep em out!

Sounds intriguing; tell me more

😁 Funny asking here, but not knowing that there is several here that just buy the whole watch for wearing.

😁😁 Even funnier that there is probably a heap here that bought the PP Nautilus for only $40k in the first place

Beyond the investor vs collector angle, do you really think watches will outperform the overall market long-term?

I “invested” money to earn money towards my retirement ( which is going quite nicely thank you )

I purchase watches because they give me pleasure.

Mixing these two is a good way to take the pleasure out of of the latter.

And trying to interested this fairly knowledgeable crowd in weird watch investment schemes is pretty dopey.