Forums Latest Members
  1. phil.kz Aug 26, 2019

I know the 166.002 needs a PZ5056L, but would anyone know if a PX5056 would work? Or are there any other alternatives to the 166.002? Thanks

2. No Mercy Aug 26, 2019

5056 is correct crystal for 166.002
    PZ = white tension ring.
    PX = gold tension ring.
    Another cheap (but good) alternatives is Sternkreuz ATCR316

sdre and phil.kz like this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 27, 2019

Without the L just indicates it doesn't have the magnifier, so the crystal itself will work just fine.

Just a caution regarding using aftermarket or "alternative" crystals...the tension rings in Omega crystals often have a step in them that the dial seats into, and many aftermarket crystals do not. This means that if you use one of these aftermarket crystals, the dial and movement will be slightly further back in the case then it would be with an Omega crystal. This can cause a number of problems...

- the stem may not come out of the center of the case tube - this will eventually lead to stem failure due to work hardening, and also may increase wear on the movement plates and bridges

- the rotor may be more likely to scrape on the inside of the case back

- the edge of the dial may be damaged

I would recommend that you source an genuine crystal if at all possible.

Cheers, Al

4. No Mercy Aug 27, 2019

Thanks for your info, Archer.
    I forgot to tell that the "R" in the Sternkreuz ATCR316 mean "Recessed tension ring", it is have step like original Omega crystal. I used a lot of them without any problem. Sternkreuz is a well known Germany company that making watch crystals from 1930s and their crystals quality are good.

Best,

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 27, 2019

I'm very familiar with Sternkreuz crystals...I have many in stock along with many other generic brands. I don't use them for Omegas, but certainly many people do...