Forums Latest Members
  1. Peppe Jan 7, 2014

Hello Omega gurus,

Any comments on the watches below? Could they be worth while bidding for or are they "worked on".

Looks great, but comes with no info accept from the fact that it is working...

http://www.tradera.com/item/190118/199261723/omega-seamaster-600-med-omega-armband

Quite like this one as well. Year 1970. Cal 601 adjusted two position (what does adjusted two positions mean?). Just serviced. Movement # 31667xxx. Ref 135.070. Crown has the Omega symbol, but for some reason I get a feeling it does not belong on the watch, but I am not sure.

http://www.tradera.com/item/190118/198928386/mkt-fin-omega-genève-med-svart-gra-farg-tavla-

Thanks!

2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jan 7, 2014

I would say that from the pictures only, both watches look nice. The first one looks a little better in the sense that it does not appear to have been polished extensively whereas the second example (black dial) appears to have a little more wear.

3. Peppe Jan 8, 2014

Hmm... ok. I can see that the second one looks very shiny, but still struggle seeing that it is worn. I need to keep training my eyes to see those things. Thanks.

Any one else having any input?

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 8, 2014

It is the very fact that it is shiny is the hint! You need to find an original example and you will see that the lugs and bezel should have sharp edges. Here, becuause of dings, scratches, etc, over time, a jeweller has polished it to look shiny and in the process polished away the sharp edges and original shape of the watch

5. Peppe Jan 8, 2014

Yes... you are right... when really studying the pictures in detail the edges are maybe not that sharp. It was not that easy to see on the pictures at first. Thanks.

But the first one looks better; right? I just need to get some more details on it.

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 8, 2014

Agree