Wood Omega Dial: Is this legit??

Posts
5,595
Likes
54,760
If you’re a Star Trek fanatic then you have to allow for the existence of an alternate, parallel Universe. This watch could exist as a 100% authentic Omega watch in that Universe.
 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,760
A similar watch was listed [and sold!] on Etsy last year. But with simulated wood. So watch out for fake wood dials!
 
Posts
9,588
Likes
27,703
I'll_Allow_It_Meme_Banner.jpg
 
Posts
9,588
Likes
27,703
But seriously - I think it is okay. Not my style, but the print is decent and I could easily imagine it being part of the Omega line-up from the early/mid seventies.
 
Posts
4,495
Likes
10,986
I recall seeing it in an old Omega catalog. Never seen one in person. 14K gold. Asking price is too much in my opinion. Funny, clicking on the ebay listing, I'm getting some strange "wooden" things in the advertising section 😉

 
Posts
2,801
Likes
3,727
But seriously - I think it is okay. Not my style, but the print is decent and I could easily imagine it being part of the Omega line-up from the early/mid seventies.

I also think it might be real, although I’ve never seen one before. I HAVE seen several Universal Geneva watches with wood dials that I am pretty sure are authentic from the early 60s, so I think it was a “thing” for a brief period.
 
Posts
483
Likes
712
The bent and out of line Omega symbol looks as if it left Omega's factory quality control department .
 
Posts
2,687
Likes
12,529
If you’re a Star Trek fanatic then you have to allow for the existence of an alternate, parallel Universe. This watch could exist as a 100% authentic Omega watch in that Universe.

Brillant comment 😁😁😁
 
Posts
975
Likes
1,517
Is it ACTUALLY wood? Hard to tell from the pics but it almost looks printed in most of the shots...
 
Posts
15,930
Likes
47,823
Rolex did malachite and tiger eye dials! But this Omega dial looks like a lithograph.

 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
Is it ACTUALLY wood? Hard to tell from the pics but it almost looks printed in most of the shots...
I have to agree with this. The "wood grain" is made up of a repeating pattern of dots that tells me it is printed.
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
I’m leaning towards legit as well. It’s executed way to well for it not to be.

It just looks right. If it is t it can’t be that expensive and it’s a cool little piece.

::edit:: I’m not taking a flyer at 1,500… unless the museum confirms it. Then you get something super rare to take to the next GTG.