Forums Latest Members
  1. Tyrwhitt Oct 28, 2012

Thanks chaps, well it's already proving pretty pricey, I've dropped almost £5k this year on my Connie and PO. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the new Speedmaster 'first Omega in space' numbered addition which should be released In the UK next month. I'll be sure to get your expert opinions before I get my next vintage piece though.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 28, 2012

Damn, I like that re-issue a lot! Show us the PO btw

3. seamonster Respectable Member Oct 28, 2012

Respectable Member Tyrwhitt

It saddens me to discover that such a reputable dealer you patronized did not disclose to you that the dial is badly refinished.

Plenty of redial Constellations are found on eBay and when you went to Somlos, it is assumed you intend to get nothing short of the best Omega vintage-watch. Price is no criteria.

I see no reason, as to why you should not get a refund on the spot if you can prove the dial is badly refinished. Even a reputable eBay seller will disclose in his description, his watch is a redial. If he did not, then the buyer is privileged to a full refund including shipping charges, generally. A redial is a flaw and it has to be disclosed, ethically.

Just inform the manager of Somlos, Mr Bad Redial lives just next-door to Mr Franken. By going to Somlos, you are entitled to get a Mr Factory-original in top condition.

Thank-you.

4. ulackfocus Oct 28, 2012

Just wait until you're dropping that much on a single watch.

In cash.

In the back of a Starbuck's or a mall parking lot in an almost clandestine manner. :eek::p

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 28, 2012

The thing is, once its been spent on a watch, that money is watch money. So if you sell a watch for $5,000 you're entitled to spend $7,500 on another watch without feeling guilty. Which means you can spend the net value of all your watches combined + 50% if necessary on a new watch. Also you get some strange looks from co-workers when you're in an office full of people saying to a guy on the phone "Yeap, no worries I'll wire the $4,200 to the Bank of Mexico on Wednesday".

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 28, 2012

Hey, it was Argentina and a great watch :thumbsup: (boy did I sweat that one out ::jumpy::)

7. Sherbie Oct 28, 2012

I,d take it back to Somlo,s and show him this thread. I,ve looked in the shop several times, and each time had the spiel " every watch I sell is totally original, has been verified by Omega etc etc"

This watch, at the price he sold it to you, does his reputation and credibility no good at all, and he should refund you, or at the very least, let you spend the money
    on another watch in the shop.

Best of luck, Paul

8. Tyrwhitt Oct 28, 2012

Thanks for the advise Seamonster and Paul. I will take the watch back next week to see what can be sorted out and be sure to let you know what the outcome is.
    This whole vintage Omega thing sure is a minefield.
    Dennis, Ashley and Cicindela I can't wait to drop my first 10k in a dodgy carpark in South America, that's when the fun must really start.

9. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Nov 6, 2012

10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 6, 2012

How could this have happened? Dial otherwise looks OK to me.

Did the star just fall off and was placed back in the wrong position?

Inquiring minds want to know...like mine!
    gatorcpa

11. ulackfocus Nov 6, 2012

Really! When Türler added their name, did they forget they didn't want the public to know they're witches?

12. seamonster Respectable Member Nov 6, 2012

Respectable Member gatorcpa

The tip of the star is pointing towards Earth. Probably, it is a falling star.

Thank-you.

13. rbird7282 Nov 6, 2012

omega dial.jpg

The star looks just fine.

kyle L likes this.
  14. alam Nov 6, 2012

aghhh!!! ....is a tough act to stand on your head for a long period of time after your 10th birthday.....

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 6, 2012

Could be an Australian delivered watch

16. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 7, 2012

How about some wonky figures...

Strange since everything else looks OK.

Maybe the same person "fixed" this one too, at least the star is right.

618202269_o-1.jpg

17. malmoe Jan 9, 2013

:) wow

18. ulackfocus Jan 9, 2013

You should be. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

malmoe likes this.