Forums Latest Members
  1. pfrien Apr 26, 2014

Looking to see if this is worth keeping. Seems to work ok. Belonged to my mother-in-law. Curious to know what year it is. Is it white gold since it says 14k?

Thanks for any help you might provide about this watch.

pfrien

Image189.jpg Image188.jpg Image187.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 26, 2014

Yes, 14K indicates solid gold. This dates from CA 1956.

3. pfrien Apr 26, 2014

Thanks. How on earth did you figure out the date? Is this watch worth getting cleaned and serviced?

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 26, 2014

Serial numbers can tell the date, its not a particularly valuable or rare watch, most women find these too out of fashion to watch anymore.

5. pfrien Apr 27, 2014

Good to know. Thanks. Sounds like my wife should wear it and get some use out of it.

6. pfrien May 3, 2014

I brought my watch to my local Omega store and they said it would cost up to $1,000 to get this watch serviced (cleaned, etc.). Apparently it is shipped to Switzerland. What is the approximate value of this type of watch once it has been serviced? I am trying to establish if it is worthwhile? Any ideas would be welcomed.

7. citizenrich Metal Mixer! May 3, 2014

You're in Ontario, correct?

One of the top Omega watchmakers / servicepersons in North America is located right in your backyard. My guess is he'd probably like working on a woman's cocktail watch just the break up some of the monotony of it all hahaha.

Assuming you've no broken parts of the movement a "full service" (everything the Omega store promised to do) will cost a fraction of $1,000.00

www.archerwatches.ca

can't hurt to ask...

8. pfrien May 3, 2014

That is splendid. I will definitely check them out. Thanks.

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 4, 2014

My wife got more compliments when she wears her vintage 1965 Rolex ladies watch rather than when she wears ubiquitous modern Rolex datejust ladies watch. So if the lady is confident, a ladies vintage watch actually is very attractive choice. At very attractive price,too.

10. pfrien May 4, 2014

I agree that those small watches from 50 years ago look more elegant. Maybe the old cocktail Omega's will have a renaissance of some sort.