WMRUW (What Moonphase Are You Wearing?)

October 2024's Hunter Moon is a super moon, and the largest of 2024. The moon may appear full for up to 3 days, from Tuesday night through Friday morning.

The full moon will officially occur on Thursday, Oct. 17, at 7:26 am ET.

According to lore, the Hunter Moon gets it's name from the old days when hunters would use the weather change and lunar movement to mark the beginning of hunting season.

I've trotted out the Oris Artelier for the occasion. I keep this in a winder because if you've ever set one, the moonphase complication is not on a pusher so you can spin the crown 29 days if you have to. All of the other complications, day, date, and 2nd time have a pusher.

Was out walking the dog about 7:30am seeing if I could glimpse the moon, could not, and was enjoying the first frost. I don't know how the doggies do it, 6 weeks ago, those paws were on hot concrete no problem, today they're on frozen grass, no problem.

I'll finish the Hunter Moon with the Citizens Tsuki-yomi A-T, the first atomic time watch with a moonphase complication. All titanium, very comfortable and I thought was a good deal for price. I enjoy not setting the moonphase. I live in a region where I can't pick up the atomic clock all the time, so I use the clock wave app.