Forums Latest Members

Tudor BB 79220 bracelet alternatives: what are you wearing?

1. PolPol Jul 5, 2021

Hi Watchfamily,

Posting my first message on this forum so please let me know in case this newbee were to make any obvious mistakes etc…

A couple of years ago I purchased a Tudor 79220 Smiley on the leather however I would like to be able to switch to the Bracelet. I have been waiting for a long time to see original OEM bracelets pop up now and then but these were always sold out before I even had the time to react (btw: if anybody is interested to sell one, just let me know).

As I feel they are becoming even rarer and rarer and the chance of scoring one in this lifetime starts to become slim, I thought to try an aftermarket version. Could you share pro’s and con’s of any type you have put on your BlackBays 79220? I am preferably looking for a high-end version, not sure whether eg the Strapcode bracelets will do but of course I am happy to listen to the arguments.

Please note I tried to do my research and found some posts on the regular Watch forums however the most recent ones seem to date back to a couple of years ago so might not include any recent developments.

Thanks for any pointers!
    Cheers,
    PolPol

Gui13250 likes this.
  2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jul 29, 2021

I have the bracelet but tried this recently and it is now much lighter and more comfortable
    image.jpg

3. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jul 29, 2021

Have you tried asking an AD?

4. PolPol Dec 26, 2021

Hi All,

I’ve not been following up very actively sorry for that, thanks for the comments (is that a Rubber B strap @Shaun_UK ?)

Regarding this topic, anyone has already tried the latest Uncle Seiko bracelets (President or Jubilee) on the Smiley?
    https://www.uncleseiko.com/collections/tudor-41mm

Enjoy the holidays,
    Filip

5. ChiefMark Dec 26, 2021

If that’s not a RubberB, it’s a hell of a copy. I’ve got that strap for a Seamaster GMT; it’s for a 41mm Explorer II but fits the 2534.50 perfectly. I don’t know if would fit the BB Heritage or not. I don’t see the central red stripe on RubberB site for the Tudor.